This job posting is no longer active.
The People Analytics & HR Systems division of the Human Resources Department is looking for a Supervisor, People Analytics
to join their team! In this position, you’ll play a lead role in providing reporting and analytical support to all human resources functions including but not limited to Talent Management, Performance, Talent Acquisition, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Total Rewards.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, detailed oriented, possess a strong understanding of HR business processes and data, and able to use data to assist HR functions and Business Partners in their work with business units. This individual will ensure the information is accurate and presented it in a clear, concise, and business-relevant manner to key stakeholders.
Key to this role will be the utilization of Visier, our human capital analytics tool. We enable HR and business unit colleagues to access, interpret and use their own information through a self-service model. In this role, you’ll lead the continued expansion of Visier by adding new data sets, metrics, analyses and on-boarding new user populations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and generate reporting for headcount activity, hiring, attrition trends, workforce planning, EEO compliance, talent management
- Directly supervise 1-2 Analysts, developing a high performing team
- Ensure continuous improvement of Visier, by adding new content and analyses
- Serve back-up system administrator for Visier
- Conduct training and/or develop support/reference materials related to analytical projects
- Independently work with HR personnel and business units to develop relevant metrics
- Prepare regular and ad hoc workforce reports using PeopleSoft Query tool
- Present relevant trends in clear, succinct reports to key stakeholders and demonstrate the implications of these trends on the business
- Develop and maintain procedures for the metrics report generating process
- Support data accuracy by working with stakeholders to identify and fix root causes
- Ensure data security and standards are adhered to in reporting
- Manage ad hoc analytical projects and creation of tools
- May perform other duties and participate on special projects as assigned
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field (computer science, information technology, business, psychology, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in HR reporting and analytics and project management. This shall include experience interpreting, organizing, and communicating analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree in related field (Human Resources, I/O Psychology, Business Analytics, MBA, MPA) with significant analytics coursework
- Previous supervisory experience
- Deep understanding of HR business processes and HR-specific data
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and/or HRCI Professional in Human Resources certification (PHR)
- Demonstrated proficiency in various reporting applications, including Visier and the PeopleSoft query tool
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills: able to identify data problems and systematically gather relevant information
- Familiarity with human capital metrics and industry benchmarks, their use, development, and presentation with ability to help identify and generate relevant metrics to further business and HR strategic initiatives and priorities
- Ability to work across multiple teams and multiple projects simultaneously in a team-oriented, cross-disciplinary, collaborative environment
- Strong personal integrity and commitment to fulfilling responsibilities with the highest standards of ethical conduct
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain data and metrics in business terms to a non-technical audience
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple tasks and demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations with a keen attention to detail
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.