Job ID: 40805
Location: 4 World Trade Center
The Security Analyst is tasked with assuring the excellence and integrity of the work being performed under the Office of the CSO. The Analyst will perform specific audits, inspections, reviews, and analysis of all aspects of operational security processes, technology, performance, and personnel at the request of the QAI Manager. Reporting general oversight and audit functions to the QAI Manager will be an important key function of this job. A vast amount of sensitive security information will be compiled into written and graphic reports that the analyst will be responsible for providing regularly and updating as necessary. Due to the confidential nature of this work, personnel assigned to QAI Unit are to be of the highest ethical standards, analytical, and organized. Contributions from the Security Analyst will affect all aspects of the Agency's Security. Collaboration and communication with a wide variety of job departments, personnel, and facilities will be a critical aspect of the Analyst's work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provide analysis of physical security program performance, standard operating procedures, and personnel performance for competency through the use of audits, inspections and assessments.
* Produce analysis and metrics on security guard contracts as well as provide continuous updates on performance.
* Coordinate, schedule, and assist with routine inspections of security operations at facilities, security posts, and day-to-day operations.
* Assist in post-security incident reviews and provide research for recommendation, remediation, and/or improvement.
* Schedule meetings and interviews with security personnel to assess standard operating procedures to make operations more efficient and streamlined.
* Travel to all Port Authority facilities is a requirement for this position.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree in security management, criminal justice, or related field from an accredited college or university
* Three (3) years of security, analysis, operational audit/inspection, or related experience
* Possess a valid Driver’s license.
* The successful candidate must be able to pass a criminal history records check, as mandated by TSA 49 CFR 1542, and meet all requirements necessary to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Card and airfield driving privileges.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with various computerized security systems.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative data and budgetary requirements.
* Possess the necessary writing skills to explain information, draw conclusions and or make recommendations in a narrative format that is objective, concise, pertinent, articulate, and relevant.
* Proficiency with the Microsoft Office software programs, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel data analysis tool pack.
* Field work will be required with an ability to independently commute to different facility locations.
* Flexibility to work off hours and weekends, is necessary.
* Prior law enforcement experience, military experience, private security, experience in crime prevention or counter terrorism.
* Security certifications in a related field - Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Profession (PSP) or other related security certification.
* New York State Division Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) certification, Security Guard Instructor General Topics.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.