The Supervisor, Operations Programs is a key member of the senior management team in managing the day-to-day administrative operations and organizational effectiveness for the facility’s diverse workforce.
Reporting to the facility General Manager, and the Manager of Business Solutions at TB&T headquarters, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a wide range of Human Resources, Financial and Administrative functions for the PABT facility.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Homeless Outreach Services Administration: Manage all contractual aspects of the facility’s homeless outreach service contract including, but not limited to, monitoring performance, tracking and analyzing trends as well as interface with facility Operations and PAPD personnel in performance of outreach services.
- Special-use requests and public events: Working closely with facility personnel, the position is responsible for ensuring agreements with external parties are processed through the appropriate Agency stakeholders for conformance with applicable rules and regulations. Such agreements include free speech applications, public event activities, and other special-use requests.
- Budget Management: Prepare and manage General Manager's Office budget; assist in the preparation the overall facility budget. Prepare all documentation and justifications for staffing-related budget requests. Track spending for the GM's office and TB&T Financial Services Unit and review variances on a monthly basis, including monitoring overtime spending and mitigation. Provide related ad hoc reporting and financial analysis to the General Manager and TB&T Financial Services as needed.
- Leadership: Lead and oversee all business management, clerical, timekeeping, and office support staff at the facility, managing workload and performance, and promoting an efficient, effective, and cohesive work environment in support of the facility’s business priorities.
- Workforce Management: Lead efforts with unit heads to fill vacancies expeditiously with qualified individuals; prepare, review, and edit job bulletins; coordinate the interview process for all vacancies; actively manage vacancies and other position related matters through coordination with HR and the TB&T Director's Office; provide the General Manager and the TB&T Director's office with measurable updates on all position management matters.
- Business Administration: Provide an optimal level of service on all business and administrative functions, including all HR policies, processes, procedures, and correspondence; performance management for non-represented and field supervisory staff; travel; equipment and technology management; board process; special events and functions; accounting and invoice payment; employee programs, etc. Manage the collection of PA revenue, where applicable, and facility petty cash/impress fund programs. Provide guidance and policy interpretation to facility staff on all business and administrative matters.
- Business Strategy & Analysis: Provide strategic and analytical support to the General Manager, Manager, Business Services, and facility unit heads on a wide range of policy, Human Resources, and administrative matters. Leading staff and assisting in the analysis of business support processes, systems, and operations to improve overall coordination, communication, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Employee Relations: Manage employee relations and EEO related issues for the facility, in consultation with the TB&T Director’s Office, Human Resources, and Labor Relations.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
At least seven years increasingly responsible experience managing administrative, human resources, or other business programs or processes.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university may substitute three years of related experience as noted above.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Supervisory / managerial experience related to both non-represented and represented staff
- Knowledge and ability to manage and apply organizational policies and procedures, including those related to administration, human resources, budgeting, and payment authorization processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize a demanding workload and manage multiple tasks within tight timeframes
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to interpret and analyze researched data and procedure statistical reports and charts
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff and outside contacts such as local community groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and writing
- Strong working knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft; AVM/SAP; BudgetPro;TECNow, SharePoint and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of TB&T Operations, Workloud and the Business Continuity BIA Program.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.