This job posting is no longer active.
An excited legal professional who possesses a JD and has a passion for Information Technology and a desire to serve as an expert resource in the fields of compliance, integrity and contracting to a centralized procurement department responsible for delivery of some of the region’s most exciting and cutting-edge projects. This position would play a key role in the development of strategy, approach and documents in procurements related to cybersecurity, operational and physical security, software, and general technology-related matters. The Compliance Associate, Technology Contracts
will also play a key role in support of the Agency’s innovation hub, helping develop new and innovative contracting approaches to pilot emerging technologies that enhance the agency’s mission. Your Mission (should you choose to accept it):
Apply to be considered for this one-of-a-kind opportunity to work on some of the region’s most unique and exciting projects and join an agency that moves millions of people and supports billions of dollars in economic activity each year.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ, who for 100 years has been designing, engineering, and operating the transportation infrastructure that moves people and goods to, from, and throughout one of the most economically competitive and culturally vibrant regions in the world, is looking for a unique individual who has experience drafting and reviewing contract documents, with an interest in information technology, to join our Procurement Department as a Compliance Associate, Technology Contracts.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Procurement Executive/Manager of the Integrity, Contract Review and Compliance Division, the successful candidate will have significant responsibility with respect to review of technology related procurement matters in addition to responsibility for reviewing documents across all industries that do business with the Port Authority.
- Negotiate software licenses which includes, but is not limited to, on premises licenses, vendor and Port Authority hosted SaaS licenses, data subscriptions, and associated Scopes of Work, Service Level Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, or other relevant documents.
- Support all procurement contracting efforts related to the Innovation Hub, an agency effort to pilot cutting edge and emerging technologies that can enhance all lines of our business, and the customer experience.
- Collaborate with personnel from other departments in the Port Authority, such as Legal, Audit, and Technology to ensure operational risks are minimized.
- Participate in external initiatives with other governmental agencies to support acquisition of innovative technology products and services.
- Provide counsel to internal staff on all aspects of procurement, including preparation and editing of specifications for multi-million-dollar contracts.
- Consult with personnel from other departments in the Port Authority, such as Law and the Office of Inspector General to resolve vendor integrity and organizational conflict of interest matters.
- Participate in in agency-wide initiatives to support critical projects.
- Analyze contracts for compliance with procurement policies.
- Handle responses and decisions on protests of procurement decisions.
- Research and analyze procurement best practices to encourage innovation and facilitate improvement of processes and procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and manage the procurement templates. Update and /or develop new language and clauses as required, based upon industry practice, incorporating applicable federal, state law and/or internal guidelines.
- Work to ensure compliance with federal requirements for solicitations where federal funding is anticipated.
- Provide final Department review of Bid and RFP documents, to ensure quality and accuracy of documents.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Juris Doctor (J.D.) or its international equivalent from an accredited college or university
- At least 2 years of demonstrated contract negotiation or procurement experience in a corporate or governmental environment, including drafting and reviewing contracts, negotiating with vendors and strong written/oral communication skills.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- A general understanding of business and commercial transactions and terms, with an emphasis on information technology.
- A curious mind with the ability to develop unique solutions that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, flexibility, and innovation.
- A self-starter and finisher who possesses the ability to operate independently on most tasks, and work closely with a small team.
- Demonstrated legal, procurement and/or contracts experience in a public or private entity, including negotiating with vendors.
- Familiarity working with laws, rules, and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet deadlines, especially on time sensitive items, and have project management skills to manage a large diverse workload within tight time constraints and with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Commitment to quality, continuous improvement and working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Professional certification, such as CPPO, CPPB is a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.