Major Capital Projects has overall responsibility for the design and construction delivery of the reconstructed the new PABT, PATH Extension to Newark Airport, Gateway Program, WTC site as well as the Cross Harbor Freight Program, and management of World Trade Department contracts and other projects assigned to it.
- Assist in the development of detailed project scope of work based on a statement of problem or a desired outcome.
- Assist in the establishing project economics and timeline in conjunction with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist in collaboration with the Engineering Dept. to retain the necessary internal and external resources, including appropriate professional services, to advance the assigned projects to conceptual/preliminary design or final design.
- Assist in the advancement of projects through established milestones and project schedules.
- Assist in developing and implementing recovery plans for unanticipated delays.
- Assist in regularly scheduled meetings with the appropriate parties to ensure the project scope, schedule and budget are maintained.
- Prepare project status reports for supervisors, senior and executive staff on a periodic basis.
- Assist in the planning, design and delivery of heavy construction packages and manage design and construction staff and consultant entities.
- Assist in the preparation, review and commenting of support documentation for Board Agenda Items, Policy Review Memorandum of Justifications (PRMJ’s), Memorandum of Justifications /MJ’s), Memorandum of Authorizations (MA’s).
- Assist in the management of day-to-day design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work are completed within budget, contracted schedule, and in accordance with plans and specifications.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Engineering, or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- More than five (5) years of progressively more responsible experience in construction and project management.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience with methods and techniques related to project management, including the development and implementation of project plans, setting priorities and scheduling.
- Experience working on multifaceted projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of established PA procedures and processes, including but not limited to, project and construction management and the Tenant Construction/Alteration Application (TCA/TAA) review process, financial systems and document control.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating design efforts and/or construction activities, managing and influencing project teams, and interacting with contractor and consultant personnel.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including report preparation.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of engineering and/or project management software systems including Microsoft Project.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.