Reporting to the Deputy Commercial Officer (DCO), the Manager, Transportation Revenue Strategies will direct the Manager of Ground Transportation (MGT) and the Manager of Parking (MP) and provide support to the DCO and Aviation Commercial Officer (ACO) in the identification of best practices and innovative trends in airport transportation and development and implementation of strategies for the preservation and enhancement of transportation revenues at the Port Authority’s five-airport system (Newark Liberty International, JFK International, LaGuardia, New York Stewart International, and Teterboro Airports). The position also supports the DCO in managing the strategies and policies that govern the day-to-day processes of the Transportation Revenues unit. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the Manager of Ground Transportation (MGT) and Manager of Parking (MP) in the development and implementation of comprehensive parking and ground transportation management programs across the Port Authority’s airport system, including the ongoing evaluation of new product offerings to promote increased revenues and operational efficiency while also promoting customer perception of value for money.
- Guides the MGT and MP to ensure that contracts and initiatives are consistent with industry best practices and adaptable to meet changes in the airport ground transportation and parking industries and maximize revenue generation opportunities created thereby, as well as ensuring that contracts are aligned with airport and departmental policies and goals.
- Assists the DCO and coordinates the Manager of Aviation Technologies to identify and implement technology best practices related to airport ground transportation and parking
- Assists the DCO and coordinates with MGT, MP and Aviation Data Analytics Warehouse Team to develop and implement data best practices related to airport ground transportation and parking data analytics and airport access forecast modeling
- Assists the DCO and coordinates the efforts of Airport Redevelopment Teams and Traffic Engineering to plan for future needs for ground transportation and parking infrastructure and technology.
- Assists the DCO in maintaining/enhancing certain key relationships, including but not limited to city officials and other external representatives.
- Serves as the Transportation Revenues Business Administrator documenting the strategies, policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day business of the Transportation Revenues unit. In coordination with the ACO, DCO and the MGT and MP to ensure that unit policies and procedures are documented and implemented, and authorization processes are adhered to.
- Coordinates with PA internal Audit department as well as external auditors related to Port Authority permitting procedures and information requests.
- Maintains the budget for the Transportation Revenues division which includes justifying and securing funds for priority projects
- Under the direction of the ACO and DCO leads continuous improvement initiatives for the Transportation Revenues unit.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 7 years of experience in ground transportation and/or revenue strategies; or business or financial analysis
- Demonstrated aviation industry experience or knowledge
- Ability to travel to the Port Authority’s airports
- Favorable results for a Criminal History Records Check to obtain and/or maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) access and successful completion of a SIDA test.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Advanced degree in aviation management, business, or public administration.
- Experience developing and fostering internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and ability to concurrently manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive schedules and deadlines.
- Substantial and progressively responsible experience in leading ground transportation and/or parking initiatives.
- Excellent oral, written and negotiation skills to support recommended solutions to senior management and others.
- Experience in creating and giving effective presentations to executive staff.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and working with other departments in progressing recommendations and permits.
- Demonstrated experience in decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively interact with at all levels including senior level management of various disciplines both inside and outside the Port Authority as well as external constituents.
- High level of integrity and dependability with ability to think on both a strategic and tactical level to develop long-term achievable plans.
- Demonstrated experience with technology work flows and database systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data related to commercial transactions, deduce trends, and perform strategic risk assessments.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.