The Port Authority offers paid summer internships to students that provide the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world.
Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency.
The Human Resources Department is looking for a summer intern to join their team in the Talent Acquisition Division! This will be a full time, hybrid internship with potential to extend into the fall semester.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
About the Talent Acquisition Division:
- Collaborate with the Recruiting team to support with special projects and day-to-day tasks.
- Support with the development of marketing/promotional recruitment material.
- Prepare job descriptions for open positions and help with posting positions to various schools and job boards.
- Research different recruitment methods and tools including industry/trade/professional associations, job fairs and recruiting technology.
- Support the interview process such as preparation of interview material, scheduling of interviews, ensuring candidates have a positive experience.
- Perform background checks and facilitate on-boarding of new hires.
- Manage other special projects as assigned.
Talent Acquisition works in partnership with all departments to manage the selection of highly qualified staff, including for executive positions; develops and implements highly innovative recruitment strategies to build bench strength; and promotes the Port Authority as a premier Employer of Choice and leader in sourcing and acquiring the best and brightest talent for our future.
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program for the upcoming Fall 2021 school semester.
- We are seeking interns who are talented, driven and who have a genuine interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of University disciplines and concentrations.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication, research and applicable technical skills.
- Prior HR internship experience highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency or knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- Coursework/classes in Human Resources is preferred.
About the Program:
- Interns have the opportunity to support their departments with critical projects such as analyzing regional demand data for our airports, conducting interview assessments, development of our annual budget, designing sustainability initiatives, and developing operational plans for retail development.
- On the job, learning is supported by networking sessions with senior management, intern meet and greets and career workshops; broadening your understanding of the agency.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.