Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Hardware Asset Management protocols and procedures.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Software Asset Management protocols and procedures.
- Ensure software license compliance by producing reports for TEC managed Agency Software to determine the number of licenses owned versus the number of licenses used. Reports are used to procure additional licenses as needed.
- Work collaboratively with internal TEC staff and/or client departments to coordinate all audit response activity related to Enterprise Software Compliance.
- Responsible for Agency’s annual contractor and employee network account access review. Work with internal stakeholders and external auditor on Audit requests.
- Review and modify, if necessary, all Work Order Requests issued by the Customer Services and apprise clients of delivery dates.
- Review all Expenditure Review Forms prior to submittal to the Assistant Director for signature approval. Check for redundancies, cost efficiencies, identify economies of scale and leverage current technologies where possible.
- Validate, attest, and concur all invoices prior to submittal for payment.
- Perform trending analysis of hardware burn rates. Purchase and accept delivery for all the Agency's computer assets.
- Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly management and operational reports.
- Forecast and budget for annual Agency computer device refresh.
- Coordinate and manage the asset management lifecycle to ensure the currency of our computer hardware. Annually refresh all aging out of warranty standard PC’s, Workstations, and Laptops.
- Manage and coordinate inventory levels in a highly dynamic environment. Coordinate deliveries and maintain stockroom organization for the Agency desktop computing environment.
- Monitor and maintain computer inventory for the agency to ensure computer equipment is available to meet demand. Set inventory levels and order equipment as needed.
- Through ServiceNow, track agency wide computer assets and develop and provide IT coordinator reports to the various departments to validate the computer equipment each department is responsible for.
- Develop Asset Management ad-hoc reports as necessary. Reports may be requested from Departments outside of the Technology Department, including the CSO.
- Review and validate monthly end-user device support count report to determine the number of vendors supported assets. This count determines the monthly support charges we pay our computer resource vendor.
- Work closely with current vendor in the coordination, review, and deployment of desktop security patches.
- Manage the patching process to ensure minimal deployment issues.
- Will ensure that the current vendor meets the contractual service level agreement for patching.
- Will create and provide weekly status reports to senior management regarding patching for end-user computers.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred, or
- Three or more years in progressively responsible experience in Hardware and Software Asset Management, and three years of direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with Asset Management system such as ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience working with information systems practices such as ITIL.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, establish plans, set priorities, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Accustomed to and thrives in a deadline driven environment.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.