Job ID: 40417
Location: 2 Montgomery Street
Under the direction of the Staff Accounting Supervisor, the selected candidate's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Processing Engineering/WTC Construction, Medical/PAICE Insurance, and other contract payments to Port Authority and PA subsidiary vendors.
• Reviewing and Unblocking Stochastic Blocked Invoices.
• Reviewing and Resolving Problem Invoices for Non-Contracts Group staff and AP Liaison to External Departments.
• Preparing Construction Contract Final Payment Report
• Preparing Journal Voucher Accrual Documents and Journal Entry Postings for Month End Closing.
• Researching Payment Request and Service Entry payment document items from Automated Postings.
• Researching, Identifying, and Explaining selected monthly Operating Expense Variances for the Comptroller’s Roundtable.
• Preparing monthly Accounts Payable Liability Accounts Reconciliation and Quarterly Analysis.
• Analyzing & Preparing Quarterly Schedules for Payments and Assisting in the Preparation of various Notes to the Annual Report at year end.
• Communicating daily with External Vendor Representatives to resolve various payment related issues.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Corporate Finance from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
• In lieu of bachelor’s degree a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience can be accepted.
Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
• Knowledge of Port Authority accounting and financial structure.
• Knowledge of Port Authority businesses and operations.
• Knowledge of Port Authority financial systems, including SAP.
• Demonstrated experience using PC spreadsheet applications to perform financial analyses.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Ability to interact effectively with internal and external staff at all levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.