This job posting is no longer active.
Description Reporting to the Assistant Director, Workforce Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity, the Manager, Workforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is responsible for leading the overall development and implementation of Diversity and Inclusion programs in line with a strategic culture transformation framework that embeds the standard of diversity and inclusion into the fabric of the organization.In early 2021, the Port Authority released a comprehensive report, “Taking Action on Race Dynamics” outlining 25 actions and recommendations to be implemented as the agency continues working toward new standards of excellence in achieving racial and cultural diversity in the workplace. Over the past year, over 22 actions and recommendations have been implemented with the remainder underway. In this role, you will build on this effort to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion is embedded in all that the agency does. You will also, continue to work with leaders on the implementation of the remaining initiatives and review the recently completed one-year assessment and develop strategies to continuously improve on the body of work.The Manager, Workforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will collaborate with internal and external partners to advance behavior-based change strategies, including governance and accountability mechanisms, policies, procedures, action plans, communications and skill building that empowers all to reach their full potential in order to accomplish agency priorities.
- Create and implement a framework to integrate Diversity and Inclusion strategies and goals within departments, partnering with Human Resources leaders as needed on talent strategies
- Implement diversity training focused on identifying personal biases, develop tools, and strategies to enhance inclusion
- Consult with business units to assist in developing action plans to address identified systemic barriers
- Elevate the Employee Business Resource Groups (EBRGs) such that they are aligned with business goals, priorities and initiatives. Link EBRG’s to organizational activities such that they can assist in recruiting, retention, representation, community relations, marketing, customer experience, accessibility, and communications
- Oversee development and implementation of workforce data collection and analysis to measure workforce diversity and inclusion efforts, support departments with reporting and monitoring activities and methodologies. Coordinate reporting to agency leadership and department business managers on progress, achievements, and areas of concern.
- Promote and provide information to the Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer and organization on best practices, current research and trends related to workforce diversity and inclusion
- Develop and implement a Communication Plan, in conjunction with Corporate Communications, to increase employee awareness of diversity and inclusion goals, benefits, expectations, roles and performance measurement
- Coordinate internal and external recognition activities at the corporate level that support achievements by the Agency, its departments and individuals in furthering diversity and inclusion goals
- Provide support to the Diversity Council and business units to build awareness and use of Diversity and Inclusion best practices
- Develop and promote strategies to increase the diversity of the Organization's workforce in conjunction with Human Resources and Agency departments.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and Talent Management to develop diversity and inclusion initiatives, training and programs designed to recruit and retain a diverse workforce
- Build relationships with external organizations to stay informed of issues of Diversity and Inclusion and present the agency’s progress as appropriate
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree Human Resource Management or a related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience in a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion function which shall include demonstrated experience leading organizational DEI change initiatives
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, or related field preferred
- Experience maintaining relationships with individuals in other functional areas
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading at least one project that impacted multiple functional areas: experience successfully leading teams on multiple projects
- Previous experience with Employee Engagement, Organizational Change Management/Transformation, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Resource Groups/Networks,
- Unconscious Bias, Inclusion, and Intercultural Competence is a plus
- Proven self-starter, with keen attention to detail, ability to innovate and desire to deliver, excellent communication skills with peers and executives. Demonstrates inclusive behaviors and actions that inspires others, likes a challenge, and adapts to change
- Knowledge and expertise in process integration, navigating corporate culture, building a sense of urgency around driving inclusion and diversity priorities, articulating the DE&I business case, tailoring own communication/working style/delivery based on target audience
- Ability to build relationships with key decision makers, negotiate effectively at all levels in the organization, and facilitate collaborations
- Ability to champion own function and area of expertise and takes ownership of complex initiatives with the ability to drive results
- Experience in leading solution-based options on data and root cause analysis. Is accountable for own decisions and is able to apply judgment to decision-making based on experience and available data
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.