Under the supervision of the Manager, Properties & Commercial Development at JFK, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Timely preparation and coordination of all documentation for assigned permits and agreements, including privilege permits and flight fee agreements, consistent with Port Authority standards.
- Conducting real estate transactions with airport tenants that include space permit agreements for multi-tenant and single tenant buildings. This includes coordinating all aspects of negotiations with JFK’s staff in Operations and Facilities as well as other Port Authority staff departments such as Law, Comptrollers and Risk Management.
- Implementation of policies, practices and enforcement of lease provisions.
- Providing customer service by maintaining regular contact with tenants/permittees including visits to each leased site including discussions regarding business success/challenges.
- The preservation and promotion of revenues by preparing key financial and business terms for each assigned agreement, reviewing accounts receivables and performing market analysis to make financial term recommendations.
- Managing projects by maintaining an ongoing inventory of outstanding matter and issues for assigned agreements to include a defined strategy and timeline to close open matters.
- Managing resources by working with the SAP Real Estate Module, DocuSign, and Salesforce to ensure full document execution
- Preparation of authorization documents (i.e. Memorandum of Authorization and Justification) that detail the terms of the agreement.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- In Lieu of a degree, 7 years of experience in Aviation, transportation, or similar experience would be acceptable
- Experience with prioritizing deliverables within a tight time frame
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize resources to achieve a project goal.
- Knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Experience with air terminals, and airport facilities
- Experience using project management techniques for managing projects through completion
- Understanding of financial analysis as related to real estate transactions
- Experience creating and interpreting Microsoft Excel reports which includes using pivot tables and formulas
- Experience in conducting or participating in lease negotiations
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce or familiar with similar systems in collecting, interpreting, and presenting data
- Experience with DocuSign or similar
- Experience writing white papers and presentations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.