The Human Resources Department currently has an opening in our Talent Acquisition Division for a Recruiter. In this role, you will collaborate with hiring managers and directors to manage full life cycle recruitment primarily supporting the Aviation department.
You’d play an integral role in building the agency’s talent pipeline by filling a high volume of critical positions in a fast-paced environment. You’d work closely with hiring managers, business managers, and employees across the agency to develop and implement recruitment strategies and will have a direct impact on agency operations through staffing.
This position will manage recruitments for several highly specialized positions that vary from entry-level to senior management.
On a day-to-day basis responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand qualification requirements of positions and develop appropriate recruitment strategies
- Manage the candidate search process by implementing external sourcing strategies and assessing candidates
- Apply leading-edge recruitment principles to develop strong candidate relationships and deliver high-quality talent to the client
- Develop and implement strategies to source and recruit a diverse pipeline of top talent, including Internet and online database searches, executive and contingency search firms, and building relationships with industry organizations and educational institutions
- Travel locally and nationally to participate in career fairs, industry networking events, and information sessions to communicate job opportunities and career development
- Develop interview protocol; interviewing and evaluating applicants; and extending and negotiating employment offers
- Conduct all pre-employment on-boarding activities for new hires (i.e. reference checks, background investigations, new hire orientation)
In addition, this position is responsible for leading process improvements and projects to advance the work of the Talent Acquisition Division
- Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required; substantial relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Have at least 5 years of prior recruiting experience (required), with at least 2-3 years focused on recruiting for engineering professionals (required)
- Proactive Recruitment Experience
- Sourcing mid-senior level Engineering candidates
- Comfortable cold calling active and passive candidates
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Staffing experience in a corporate environment is preferred
- Excellent interviewing, multi-tasking, prioritizing, organizational, project management, customer service, problem solving, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience sourcing candidates for hard to fill positions
- Familiarity with hiring procedures as well as current staffing industry issues and trends
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing sourcing strategies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of employment laws, policies, practices and trends
- Strong computer skills including strong knowledge of HRIS systems, experience with PeopleSoft is preferred
- HR professional certifications such as PHR or SPHR® is highly desirable
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.