The Principal Financial Analyst will be under the direct supervision of the Financial Analysis Manager in OSD Director’s Office. In addition to supporting the FA Manager, the selected candidate will also provide dedicated financial, and systems support to OSD’s Facility Construction Support Division and Central Automotive Division, as needed.
The selected candidate will:
- Monitor Financial Performance: Assume a major role in the preparation of monthly financial variance and overtime performance reporting schedules for each OSD division, encompassing the appropriate research and analyses required to yield concise, clear variance explanations senior staff and executive report outs. Monitor department-wide chargebacks and assist in modifications to both processes and content, as appropriate; assist with monthly accruals. Perform root cause analysis to identify drivers and mitigation strategies.
- Develop Multi-Year Budget Planning: Support and assist the development and data input of the consolidated Operations Services Department’s (OSD) annual expense and revenue budgets.
- Business Diversity Reporting: Collect and report the OSD’s MWBE performance and statistics; assist divisional contract administrators with Diversity Management business supplier program with system basics, updating contract information, etc.
- Authorization Documents and Approval: Evaluate authorization documents, including for contracts, consultants, call-in programs, etc., and Agency actions to ensure financial soundness and alignment to approved budget and agency priorities. Assist in the preparation of OSD authorization items, as needed.
- Continuous Improvement (CI): Conduct analytical reviews to improve operational efficiency and cost effectiveness; and provide financial input and support for departmental strategic priorities, business planning initiatives and CI projects.
- Special Projects: Participate in RFP committees and other agency working groups from the financial perspective to raise and resolve financial implications. Assist in both internal and external audit response preparation.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of experience in accounting, finance, analytics, budgeting, or related field can be substituted for a degree.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in a business or financial area; other relevant experience may be considered.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- General knowledge of development and submission of Strategic and Department Business Plans; general knowledge of policies and procedures related to the Board Process, Budget planning, and the authorization process (Board Items, PRMJs, By-Law MJs and MAs).
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial and business planning procedures.
- Skilled in managing comprehensive analytical projects, with demonstrated ability to set specific timelines and deliverables to achieve goals.
- Possess strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels as well as outside agencies and industry representatives.
- Demonstrated superior oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with computer software programs, particularly the Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and PeopleSoft, SAP or comparable financial accoutning systems.
- An advanced degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, or related field.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.