Under the direction of the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Service, the selected candidate will assist the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Service by overseeing all 3 landside units and be responsible for a variety of duties. The selected candidate will represent Landside Operations’ interests in the redevelopment process, highlight potential issues, and work to mitigate operational impacts.
This person will manage employees who are managing service contracts and business relationships to ensure a safe, secure, efficient and friendly customer service Unit Terminal Buildings operation at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK); managing, coordinating, and controlling the activities of a diverse staff, including PA management, Operations Control Center and field supervisory staff, and contract staff, performing landside and customer service functions, including supervising multiple, complex customer service contracts and programs; and overseeing the day-to day activities of Jamaica Terminal, focusing on maintaining awareness and a safe, pleasant, functional, and clean terminal, with optimal customer service.
Responsibilities also include
- Oversee all landside units, while advocating for operational needs during redevelopment
- Managing the customer service, welcome centers, information displays, roadway variable message signage, and sign production contracts; and provide backup support with homeless outreach and transportation services contracts – i.e., bussing and parking
- Overall supervision of unit’s annual budget and administrative functions, including preparation and administration of Unit’s Expense Budget, tracking expenses, and adjusting the budget to reflect current needs and priorities in support of Aviation Department business objectives
- Participating in the coordinated planning, implementation and supervision of operational preparedness and response efforts to emergency situations, and other irregular operations, such as weather events, security events, AirTrain shutdowns, blackouts, aircraft emergencies, construction-related closures, and airport enhancement projects
- Interacting with various internal PA staff from Security, Traffic Management, Procurement, Law, Properties, Financial Services, Audit, Technical Services, and the Port Authority Police and liaising with external agencies, including airport partners/stakeholders, such as airline and tenant management, U. S. Customs & Border Protection, Transportation Security Administration, the MTA/LIRR, New York City Transit Authority, mutual aid responders, and community representatives, and customers
- Serve as liaison between the PA and MTA/LIRR, representing the interests of the Department, participating, and providing support in discussions and negotiations to resolve operational and maintenance issues, and property interests at Jamaica Terminal
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in Aviation, Transportation, Business Management or a related field from an accredited college or university or 10 years of experience in Aviation, Transportation, Operations, Business Management, or related field
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in aviation or transportation in a complex operating environment
- Must possess a valid New York or New Jersey driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in Aviation, Planning, Project Management, Transportation
- Experience in supervising a diverse workforce, including unionized staff
- Strong leadership capability, demonstrated through the ability to manage, develop, and motivate diverse teams to achieve high performance
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of PA customer service programs and initiatives and the ability to establish customer service goals for landside service operations and to develop performance measures to assess progress in achieving those goals
- Knowledge of PA processes and procedures, including procurement, budgeting and contract development and administration, human capital recruitment, and business planning
- Experience in preparing, negotiating, and managing multiple, complex large operation service contracts and programs
- Knowledge of airport operations, including landside operations
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution, oral, written, and strong interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.