The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a Senior Property Representative to manage Leasing at LaGuardia Airport. In this position the candidate will be responsible for identifying and interpreting existing and vacant properties’ commercial development needs and providing strategic business solutions. Flexibility and adaptability, multi-tasking on projects at the airport, and leading interactions with the airline community will be a requirement.
LaGuardia Airport Commercial & Properties plays a crucial role in the Aviation Commercial Organization Portfolio. Our team plays a critical part with stakeholders in Redevelopment, Operations, Environmental, Airlines Relations, and much more. We work as a team with strong emphasis on fostering best in class standards for properties and commercial development.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Properties and Commercial Development at LGA, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting complex real estate negotiations with airport tenants (airlines and airline partners) and the on-going management and administration of the resulting agreements, including but not limited to those for multi-tenant buildings, unit terminals, and cargo/ground support facilities at the airport.
- Preparing authorizing documents (agenda items for Port Authority Board approval and Memoranda of Justification) that detail tenant investment, competitive fee structures and other items.
- Project lead on all aspects of tenant negotiations and development with other agency staff departments such as Law, Comptroller’s, and Risk Management.
- Primary liaison between airport staff and the tenant to resolve outstanding issues.
- Working with the SAP Real Estate Module and resolving Accounts Receivable issues.
- Implementing audit and monitoring procedures to verify assigned tenant/permittee compliance
- Assisting in the evolution of the airport’s competitive market, understanding the impacts to the Agency, and developing innovative solutions.
- Maintaining contact with tenants/permittees including visits to each leased site including discussions regarding business success/challenges.
- Familiarizing oneself with the financial and business terms for leases and various categories of properties at the airport.
- Proposing financial terms for transactions using guidelines as appropriate and within designated categories of use: standard market rates for land or certain facilities, standard escalation provisions, and market comparatives based on defined criteria; capital investment requirements associated with lease term; criteria for capital investment reimbursements.
- Developing strategies to implement business policies.
- Maintaining a roadmap of critical transactions and issues and preparing key highlights.
- Ensuring the delivery of a positive airport customer experience across all facilities.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- In Lieu of a degree, 7 years of experience in Aviation, transportation, or similar experience would be acceptable
- Working knowledge of System Application Products (SAP) Real Estate Module, Salesforce, or similar customer relationship management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Aviation Operations, Transportation, or Contract & Tenant Management that can include any of the following: third party vendors, airlines, airport processes or other business partnerships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically the use of Microsoft Excel and its functionalities
- Experience using project management techniques for managing projects through completion.
- Experience writing white papers and presentations
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience with terminal, cargo, facility and/or FAA leasing agreements.
- Knowledge of Port Authority authorization policies and procedures relating to real estate.
- Progressive experience in conducting or participating in lease negotiations.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong oral and writing skills to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence as appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience in decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience working on a team to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.