The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Senior Airport Architect/Engineer to join the aviation planning team that will help transform The Port Authority’s airports into world-class 21st Century airports. The successful candidate will have broad understanding in the following aviation planning disciplines: landside, terminal, and airside.
The Senior Airport Architect/Engineer will be responsible for:
- Preparation and delivery of a wide variety of airport planning projects and technical reports encompassing landside, terminal, airside and support facilities components for all five (5) airports (JFK, EWR, LGA, TEB & SWF) in the Port Authority’s airport system.
- Planning deliverables including but not limited to airport elements deficiency identification, flight day activities scheduling & profiles, facilities requirements, alternatives development, conceptual & functional plans, capacity & demand analyses, feasibility study, alternative evaluation process & recommendation, as well as capital plan formulations.
- Developing, overseeing and analyzing airport simulation models (landside, terminal and airside).
- Preparation of internal and external stakeholder presentations and briefing materials.
- Assisting the Federal Grant Program Manager with the preparation of Airport Capital Improvement Program (ACIP) documents and grant applications, Airport Layout Plan(ALP), lease exhibits, other airport operations maps, planning data inventory, as well as the coordination of the administrative tasks for Aviation’s Call-in Consultants Program.
- The applicant must be able to travel to all Port Authority airports, as needed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Minimum Three (3) years’ experience in Aviation facility planning and design to include the development of planning strategies, airport terminal and other supporting infrastructure needs analyses.
- Experience preparing and delivering contracts, Requests for Proposal (RFP), tenant lease site plans, terminal or other airport infrastructure functional drawings, conceptual drawings, or presentation materials
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Advisory Circulars and other industry publications and standards as they relate to airport terminal and master planning, zoning, airport design, capacity & demand, AIP grant and state & local codes & industry design standards.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s degree in architecture or Engineering.
- Experience working independently, developing planning strategies, setting priorities and balancing multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to devise innovative solutions to airport planning problems, resolve conflicts independently & make sound decisions.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and world-class airport facilities planning and design.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, AviPlan, Revit, TAAM, VISSIM tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer (PE) License in New York and/or New Jersey.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.