The Aviation Department is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to manage the delivery of projects and initiatives that will advance significant improvements and drive a world-class customer experience (CX) at the Port Authority’s airports – Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), and New York Stewart International Airport (SWF).
This position provides focused leadership and centralized project management for the consistent delivery of world-class customer experiences at all points of passenger interaction at the Port Authority’s airport system. The incumbent will develop, implement, and project manage innovative strategies and be a champion of the customer in all facets of the customer journey. The Manager is responsible for developing, communicating, and enforcing service standards, protocols, standard operating procedures, and roles and responsibilities for the delivery of quality service at Port Authority airports. The Manager also ensures alignment of customer experience strategy with operations, delivery of services, and governance strategy. Through coordination with the airports, the Manager ensures quality implementation of customer experience initiatives, compliance with established standards, and reporting to determine trends, areas of focus, and demonstrated resolution of issues.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide coordinated leadership and direction for the Service Delivery team, including an Assistant Manager of Service Delivery, Customer Experience Liaisons, and Patron Services Coordinators who lead the implementation of customer experience initiatives at Port Authority airports and centrally manage all customer feedback data.
- Identify and coordinate implementation of CX priorities and projects in response to customer feedback and data, both at the macro and micro level.
- Create alignment of CX priorities and lead the process to prioritize projects and initiatives. Identify project leads, airport leads, project timelines and milestones, handoff and delivery, and ongoing continuous improvement to drive a world-class experience.
- Provide centralized program management for all CX projects, ensuring alignment and progress on all priority areas, including strategic initiatives and ASQ plans.
- Facilitate the process flow of information, identification of priorities, and bring together all appropriate stakeholders for decision making on CX strategy, prioritization, and project management.
- Develop, manage, communicate, and implement the CX Standards and Performance Manual. Coordinate across the CX Champions and Liaisons to ensure consistent delivery and compliance.
- Ensure effective implementation of customer experience standards and initiatives in alignment with airports. Coordinate with airport management to ensure focused attention on quality implementation and resolution of issues.
- Provide leadership and coordination across CX Champions, CX project managers, airport leadership, Concessions, airport operations, and other key stakeholders to ensure focused attention and progress on CX priority areas.
- Oversee centralized management of standards and performance measurement, conducting research and reporting / analyzing operational metrics to ensure strategic alignment for the customer experience.
- Provide leadership for the reporting, communication, and collaboration with Customer Experience Officer and airport leadership to drive a consistent and coordinated focus on service delivery throughout the airport system.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in aviation, transportation, operations, or customer service within a complex operations environment; communications, project management, or other related business processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Planning, Transportation, Engineering or related field
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated experience in successful implementation of large-scale projects.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, with the ability to manage, develop, and motivate diverse teams to perform at their highest level
- Prior working knowledge and understanding of integrating customer service needs into day-to-day decision making and projects.
- Experience in delivering customer service and customer communication programs in any transportation-related, high operational tempo environment, or equivalent consumer volume
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated problem-solving analysis and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of airport terminals and landside operations
- Demonstrated successful negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.