The Professional, Technical and Advisory Services Division within the Procurement Department is looking for a Solicitation Manager
to join their team!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs and/or oversees execution of the procurement processes for the retention of professional, technical, and advisory service firms in accordance with Port Authority requirements including but not limited to preparing/reviewing justification and other documentation as required for client award actions.
- Procure services for Consulting Agreements to deliver the Professional Services projects outlined in the Authority’s capital plan as well as ensure the Agency maintains vigorous project delivery schedules for Redevelopment and modernization initiatives at facilities such as JFK, LGA, EWR and PABT.
- Performs associated SAP/AVM transactions.
- Provides guidance to and consults with other Agency staff, external stakeholders, and consultants on procurement methods, strategies, approaches, schedules, and requirements.
- Prepares and/or oversees preparation of solicitation documents and performs cost/price analyses.
- Negotiates agreements, from simple to complex, as required.
- Prepares/compiles ad-hoc consultant program reports as needed in response to audit, and/or executive requests, including regular weekly workload updates.
- Participates in Authority Minority Business Enterprise/Women Owned Business Enterprises, Local Business Enterprises Outreach Functions, serving as the Authority’s Procurement representative, publicly discussing requirements for the performance of professional, technical and advisory services.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in procurement or a field related to procurement;
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field. Substantial Procurement-related experience may be considered if the educational requirement cannot be met.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience in the procurement of professional services.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of project dynamics, project management skills, and a desire to work on a vast variety of professional service procurements typically involving every Department within the Port Authority.
- Experience in the planning or implementation of local, minority, woman, disadvantaged or small business enterprise programs related to procurement.
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple assignments and heavy workload while meeting tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external staff.
- Team player with ability to lead groups and influence others to achieve Procurement Department and agency goals.
- Procurement, business, architectural/engineering or project management background is highly desirable.
- Experience utilizing SAP/AVM and Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.