The Human Resources Department is looking for a Supervisor, HRIS Administration
to join their team. In this role, the incumbent will leverage the various HRIS system and understanding of agency policies and procedures to successfully manage key agency programs, ensure the data integrity of the HRIS system and provide guidance across the department and Agency.
Reporting to the Program Director, Talent Centers of Expertise, the Supervisor, HRIS Administration will manage a team of HRIS administrators to review and process transactions accurately and timely in a high volume, fast paced, challenging environment, as well as manage personnel files. The supervisor will play a key role in promoting innovation and customer service within the division. Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Manage division operations and plan for increases in workload, such as annual audits, performance awards and contractual implementation
- Process employee data changes such as promotions, terminations, new hires, leaves of absence and compensation in HRIS system
- Review and certify separation notices and unemployment claims for payments
- Ensure procedures and processes are documented to promote knowledge transfer and business continuity
- Conduct data integrity audits to confirm data accuracy in the HRIS system
- Provide quality customer service for HRIS data inquiries raised by current and former employees, employment verifications or absence information requests
- Create reports on an ad hoc basis
- Support staff by being available for escalated matters and creating effective feedback channels within the team
- Motivate, and encourage HRIS representatives through positive communication and feedback, and opportunities for professional development
- Understand changes in volume work throughout the year and assign tasks and projects accordingly
- Be a model for collaboration and excellent customer service
- Establish a standard cadence of team huddles to debrief on “hot topics”
- Create a detailed plan that will impact your team’s day-by-day performance
- Foster growth of staff through internal training and development
Innovation & Collaboration:
- Identify and lead innovative projects that will improve internal processes and promote productivity within the team and support the agency’s mission
- Work collaboratively with all divisions within Human Capital to resolve HR issues or support cross-functional efforts
- Be a resource and partner with other departments, including Payroll, Labor and Law, in the resolution of complex salary-related issues, timekeeping and/or employee data matters
- Work with third-party implementation partners to support department needs or HRIS system changes and participate in testing, troubleshooting and upgrades to the HR systems
Candidates must possess the following qualifications to be eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field or 5 years equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience managing day to day HR administration. This shall include previous experience working with HRIS systems
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and organize activities/projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow-up on projects and issues in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to apply mathematical applications to practical situations
- Strong ability to research and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written with the ability to effectively communicate with customers and stakeholders
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.