The Human Resources Department currently has an opening in our Talent Acquisition Division for a Recruiter
! In this position, you will collaborate with hiring managers and directors to manage internal and external recruitments to fill a wide variety of non-represented (management) positions. You will be a key member of the Talent Acquisition team, playing an integral role in building the agency’s highly qualified, diverse talent pipeline.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition, you will carry significant responsibility for filling a high volume of critical Port Authority positions in a fast-paced environment. These roles will vary from entry-level to senior management, including hard to fill and specialized positions. Key to this role will be utilizing your recruitment expertise to attract and hire a highly qualified, diverse workforce. You will have the opportunity to build partnerships with supervisors and employees across the agency and will have a direct impact on agency operations through staffing.
On day-to-day basis, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand qualification requirements of positions and develop appropriate recruitment strategies
- Manage the candidate search process by implementing external sourcing strategies and assessing candidates
- Apply leading-edge recruitment principles to develop strong candidate relationships and deliver high-quality talent to the client
- Develop highly qualified, diverse slates of candidates by utilizing a full range of recruiting methods including Internet and online database searches, executive and contingency search firms, industry/trade/professional associations, and attending job fairs and conferences
- Develop interview protocol; interviewing and evaluating applicants; and extending and negotiating employment offers
- Perform employment verifications and facilitate on -boarding of new hires
- In addition, this position is responsible for leading process improvements and projects to advance the work of the Talent Acquisition Division
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of recruiting experience for senior, mid-level management positions.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Staffing experience in a corporate environment is preferred
- Sourcing candidates using a variety of search methods to build a robust candidate pipeline
- Experience with recruitment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Craft job descriptions, interview questions and other hiring material that contain non-biased/inclusive language
- Advise hiring managers on how to properly evaluate candidates objectively
- Comfortable working in a metrics driven environment
- Excellent interviewing, multi-tasking, prioritizing, organizational, project management, customer service, problem solving, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience sourcing candidates for hard to fill positions
- Familiarity with hiring procedures as well as current staffing industry issues and trends
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing sourcing strategies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of employment laws, policies, practices, and trends
- Strong computer skills including strong knowledge of HRIS systems, experience with PeopleSoft is preferred
- HR professional certifications such as PHR or SPHR® is highly desirable
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.