The Human Resources Department is looking for a Senior HR Representative, HRIS Administration
to join their team. In this role, the incumbent will leverage the various HRIS system and understanding of agency policies and procedures to successfully manage key agency programs, ensure the data integrity of the HRIS system and provide guidance across the department and Agency.
Reporting to the Supervisor, HRIS Administration, the Senior HR Representative will review and process transactions accurately and timely in a high volume, fast paced, challenging environment, as well as manage personnel files. The Senior HR Representative is expected to provide excellent customer service and introduce innovation and efficiencies into their daily work. Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Lead day-to-day operations and monitor increases in workload
- Process employee data changes such as promotions, terminations, new hires, leaves of absence and compensation in HRIS system
- Review and certify separation notices and unemployment claims for payments
- Provide quality customer service for HRIS data inquiries raised by current and former employees, employment verifications or absence information requests
- Escalate matters to the Supervisor, and as needed, other stakeholders in Human Capital in a timely manner
- Conduct data integrity audits to confirm data accuracy in the HRIS system
- Develop and document procedures for HRIS processes as needed Serve as a back up to the Supervisor for escalated matters
- Supervise intern(s) and temporary staff by providing regular guidance on day-to-day work and fostering professional development
- Create reports on an ad hoc basis
Innovation & Collaboration:
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce operating deficiencies and promote productivity within the team and support the agency’s mission and vision
- Work collaboratively with all divisions within Human Capital to resolve HR issues or execute projects especially as it relates to contract implementation and salary changes
- Be a resource and partner with other departments, including Payroll, Labor and Law, in the resolution of complex salary-related issues, timekeeping and/or employee data matters
- Work with third-party implementation partners to support department needs or HRIS system changes and participate in testing, troubleshooting and upgrades to the HR systems
Candidates must possess the following qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field or 5 years equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience managing day to day HR administration
- Previous experience with HRIS systems
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow-up on projects and issues in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to apply mathematical applications to practical situations
- Strong ability to research and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written with the ability to effectively communicate with customers and stakeholders
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.