The Human Resources Department is looking for a Benefits Customer Care & Solutions Representative
to join the team. In this role, the incumbent will support several key functions in Employee Benefits, which include but are not limited to: providing quality customer service to employees and retirees when resolving benefits inquiries; ensuring benefits compliance for plans and contracts, with a focus on leading the retirement process for all represented employee (civilian and police), including maintaining the Retiree SharePoint Portal; supporting the update of benefits election data for the agency via PeopleSoft for employees and retirees; and supporting the administration of critical programs such as, open enrollment and new hire orientation.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Benefits Customer Care & Solutions, the Benefits Customer Care & Solutions Rep’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of Retiree SharePoint site.
- Collaborate with other Benefits Customer Care & Solutions Rep with a focus on process improvement related to the retirement process.
- Coordination of Retirement Seminars for all segments of the Agency.
- Play a key role in open enrollment process, including managing the Opt-Out Program and other plan enrollment changes.
- Lead special projects, as needed.
- Handling benefits inquiries from our active and retired population that consists of claims processing, eligibility issues and changes to dependents status.
- Coordinate employee benefits information sessions for active population.
- Handling of the retirement process for the Agency’s represented population.
- Champion of customer service and advocate of process improvement.
- Liaison with Port Authority Retiree Association and other like organizations to ensure information is being disseminated timely and efficiently.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Prepare monthly retirement statistics reports through Visier.
- Lead analysis and audits and initiate corrective actions with vendor when required.
- Audit, document, and catalog departmental business processes and procedures.
- Process monthly vendor invoices, as needed.
- Support with contract renewals, as needed.
About Employee Benefits:
- Maintain data integrity in PeopleSoft at all times through timely and accurate processing of various events, data validations, etc., as needed.
- Support with running eligibility files per established frequency, as needed.
As part of the agency’s Employer of Choice agenda, the Benefits Customer Care & Solutions group within Total Rewards, is committed to investing in our employees’ health and wellness by offering a competitive benefits package. We administer the Port Authority/PATH’s benefits programs for our active and retired population and their eligible dependents, while providing them support for all benefits related questions including healthcare, retirement, disability, and Medicare.
Employee Benefits is responsible for plan enrollment, monitoring eligibility, researching, and analyzing benefits plans, programs & policies and making recommendations to ensure our benefits remain competitive and in-line with industry standards. We also monitor government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends to ensure our plans are in line with guidelines. This group maintains a focus on process optimization and continuous improvement to ensure a high level of customer service.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications to be eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field or 3 years equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a fast-paced customer service environment that responded to a high volume of customer inquiries in a timely manner.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience with self-insured and collective bargaining plans with a working knowledge of benefit plans and terminology.
- Strong analytical, statistical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed project and process management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite skills with advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships with both internal and external partners and customers.
- Experience using PeopleSoft.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs (i.e. ERISA, COBRA, PPACA, IRS regulations, Department of Labor, Affordable Care Act).
- CEBS designation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.