Working with the Organizational Policy & Program Manager, the Senior Policy Analyst will be responsible for supporting a wide range of duties critical to the development, dissemination, enforcement, upkeep, and enhancement of the Port Authority’s array of policies and procedures, which govern employee benefits, including our “Employer of Choice” initiatives, EEO protections, ethical standards, and operational protocols, among other key organizational programs and systems. Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Assessing, researching, consulting, drafting, and implementing policies and programs to advance the Port Authority’s organizational initiatives as well as to ensure compliance/alignment to state, federal and other regulatory requirements;
- Editing/proofreading policies, procedures and other related materials, including HR communications and executive messaging, with a focus on delivering a high-quality end product and ensuring clarity for and buy-in from target audiences;
- Building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with key agency stakeholders through all phases of the policy development lifecycle;
- Advising business partners and key functional stakeholders, and influencing decisions related to policies and procedures;
- Facilitating working groups and coordinating programs/activities for the agency in support of policy development;
- Providing regular briefings and communications to stakeholders, including training programs and materials to educate HR partners and business management teams across the agency;
- Scheduling and participating in meetings with the Executive Review Committee to obtain consensus on final policy statements;
- Conducting periodic reviews of policy implementation with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Evaluating existing policies, procedures and practices for consistency, alignment with global best practices, and/or streamlining opportunities;
- Researching HR and legal articles and analyses regarding state/federal law and other regulations, especially following new legislation or updates to regulatory guidance;
- Leveraging relationships/networking with similarly situated companies and governmental entities to assist in benchmarking, fostering a two-way dialogue for the exchange of information and ideas;
- Developing a streamlined process to monitor and track policy development;
- Maintaining an accurate policy filing system while exploring new ways to store, organize, and deliver policies and procedures to employees; and
- Supporting the development and execution of special policy-related projects in furtherance of HR and agency executive priorities, including assignments requested on short notice.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or a related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources, Law (preferably Employment Law), Policy Management or a related field.
- Advanced degree (MA, JD)
- Superior written, oral communication and listening skills.
- A strong knowledge of grammar and professional writing practices.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex policy issues and communicate them effectively.
- Self-motivated and can work independently while maintaining a team perspective.
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and coordinate resolutions in time-sensitive situations while paying keen attention to detail.
- Experience in working effectively with staff at all levels and individuals at external organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong technical abilities including tracking, redlining, and retaining multiple revisions and comparing documents from various sources.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with demonstrated ability in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.:
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft, Livelink, and Microsoft Excel (or other database management tools).
- Experience writing/editing professional communications.
- Experience in document and presentation design.
- Experience working in a large organization with complex governmental, community, and union-management dynamics.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.