The Talent Management Specialist role offers the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver. Support multiple Talent Enablement (TE) capabilities, including:
- Performance Management
- Talent Development and Career Management (e.g. Succession Planning)
- Skills Inventory and Taxonomy
In this role, you will coordinate the implementation and day-to-day oversight of talent management programs, processes, and employee support tools effectiveness by applying substantiated large and complex project management and change management principles.
- Use qualitative and data analytics to evaluate program and process effectiveness; and
- Create visually compelling and collaborative communications and enablement solutions.
- Talent Management Programs: Primarily Performance Management, Talent Reviews and Succession Planning.
- Responsible for the administration performance management, talent review, succession, competency, programs and processes including data analysis
- Manage multiple complex global projects including workplans, timelines, status update projects, simultaneously
- Coordinate across and within the HR and TEC organizations to design, automate and implement talent management programs make updates, changes and manage talent management related modules. Organize User Tester Experience and Acceptance before launching changes or new programs.
- Contribute to the work to define measures and evaluate the impact of programs to help continually optimize and maximize results
- Interact with employees and internal partners to develop clear understandings of their challenges and requirements, managing those requests appropriately with recommendations.
- Partner with Human Capital Analytics group to simplify complexity for stakeholders, tell a story with data, create visually appealing presentations and ability to influence and inform with all levels of the organization.
- Conduct research and summarize best practices in the context of application at the agency
- Collaborate with Centers of Excellence (Diversity and Inclusion, Total Rewards, etc.) and other department functions to design, pilot and/or implement talent programs and processes
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- 3+ years of HR, Talent Management, or relevant global project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field (Business Administration, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Psychology, Economics, Sociology, Industrial Relations, Labor Relations etc.) or equivalent experience
- Effective listener with the ability to incorporate input from multiple sources to inform an agency-wide solution
- Proficiency with computers as well as PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), and Outlook
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thinking that is pragmatic and sensible
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience coordinating with external vendors
- Demonstrated experience in independently organizing multi-faceted work calling for strong coordination, administration, analytical and critical thinking skills, and ability to make decisions under strict deadlines
- Ability to adapt easily and operate effectively in the face of change and shifts in priorities
- Customer focused with superior organization skills, detail oriented, problem solver
- Prosci™ Change Management or similar certification
- SHRM or similar Human Resources certification e.g, CCP, GPHR etc.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.