Reporting directly to the Manager, Assessment & HR Police Division, the Supervisor, Assessment Services is responsible for a wide range of duties that include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement strategies to identify and prioritize testing needs with Departments and Talent Acquisition and utilize subordinate staffing resources effectively and efficiently
- Lead Job Analysis efforts and supervise subordinate Assessment Specialist staff in the job analysis process and related documentation providing appropriate guidance and feedback
- Lead Assessment Development (Written, Oral, and Practical tests as well as In-Baskets, Simulations, and Executive Assessments) efforts and supervise subordinate Assessment Specialist staff in the assessment development process providing appropriate guidance and feedback
- Coordinate Test Administration Logistics and supervise subordinate Assessment Specialist staff in doing so, providing appropriate guidance and feedback
- Oversee/Coordinate training for Item Writers and Assessment Raters and supervise subordinate Assessment Specialist staff in the development, coordination and delivery of training programs of item writers and raters, providing appropriate guidance and feedback
- Perform statistical analysis of testing data and other types of data and supervise subordinate Assessment Specialist staff in doing so, providing appropriate guidance and feedback
- Create and issue Promotional Announcements, Eligible Lists, Candidate invitations/notifications and other broadly distributed communications and supervise subordinate Assessment Specialist staff in doing so, providing appropriate guidance and feedback
- Analyze hiring/testing processes and other processes and identify / implement opportunities to improve customer experience, time to fill and/or qualify of hire and supervisor subordinate staff in doing so, providing appropriate guidance and feedback
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Master’s Degree or above in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field.
- At least 5 years professional experience in job analysis and test development
The ideal candidate will present the following qualifications profile:
- Knowledge of professional standards related to the use and validation of employment tests
- Knowledge of statistics
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: able to identify problems and systematically gather relevant information; seek root causes of corrections / data integrity issues
- Adaptable: willing and able to adjust to multiple tasks and demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Ability to facilitate communication between human resources and business leaders on technical issues
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work across multiple teams and multiple projects simultaneously in a team-oriented, cross-disciplinary, collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously to meet staffing requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficiency with computer software (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Item Analysis Software, SPSS)
- Leadership/Management/Supervisory Skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.