The Port Authority of NY & NJ is seeking a talented Senior HR Analytics Analyst to join our Human Resources Department. The successful candidate will be analytical, detailed oriented, ethical, possess a strong understanding of data, and able to use data to assist HR functions and Business Partners in their work with business units. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the information is accurate and presented it in a clear, concise, and business-relevant manner to key stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the Port Authority’s primary system administrator for Visier (best-in-class Human Capital Analytics platform). [prior experience preferred, but not required]
- Project lead the collaboration with Visier and TEC in onboarding of new data sets
- Maintain project documentation on SharePoint workgroup site, including meeting notes, project plans, and technical specifications
- Develop specifications for extraction of required data from PeopleSoft, consulting with technical experts where required, and work with TEC resource to test the coding and ensure the developed files meet specifications, retesting as required
- Develop and generate Human Capital analytics and reporting for headcount activity, hiring, attrition trends, workforce planning, diversity goals, talent management, both in Visier and, where required, using PeopleSoft query tool
- Develop training materials and deliver training to users as required
- Develop and maintain procedures for the metrics report generating processes
- Ensure data security and standards are adhered to in reporting
- Prepare regular and ad hoc Human Capital reports using Visier, PeopleSoft and Excel for headcount activity, hiring, attrition trends, workforce planning, and talent management
- Shared responsibility with others for COVID Hotline data accuracy, reporting and process enhancements to ensure the most accurate and actionable information is shared with key constituents
- This could include review and correction of data used daily for COVID report as well as identification, escalation of workplace exposures to influence behaviors and dashboards for executive staff
- Support data accuracy by flagging data issues and working with stakeholders to identify and fix root causes
- Provide support for increasing automation of the reporting process
- May perform other duties and participate on special projects as assigned
Note – This role will require some work at non-standard hours, in conjunction with the rest of the Human Capital Analytics team.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (computer science, information technology, business, psychology, human resources, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 5 years business experience, with 2+ years significant Human Capital Analytics involvement
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- Strong understanding of HR business processes and HR data
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with Human Capital metrics and industry benchmarks, their use, development, and presentation with ability to help identify and generate relevant metrics to further business and HR strategic initiatives and priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency in various reporting applications, including Visier and the PeopleSoft query tool
- Strong personal integrity and commitment to fulfilling responsibilities with the highest standards of ethical conduct
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain data and metrics in business terms to a non-technical audience
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills: able to identify data problems and systematically gather relevant information
- Adaptable: willing and able to adjust to multiple tasks and demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations with a keen attention to detail
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.