The Law Department includes multiple legal practice groups as well as non-legal support. The Law Department is managed by the General Counsel with day-to-day oversight by the First Deputy General Counsel and Director of Legal Affairs.
The Business and Continuous Improvement Manager (BCIM) will report to The General Manager of Policy and Planning for Law Department (GM) who is responsible for all non-legal activities, policies, and processes including interface with Technology, Human Relations, Security, and Finance.
The BCIM will have primary responsibility to
- Review current practices and policies and improve productivity, operating efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Develop, implement, and track progress on departmental continuous improvement initiatives
- Devise and implement efficient processes to increase productivity
- Handle budget development and management of department finances
- Coordinate the employee evaluation processes including development of department-wide standards
- Support the GM in the management of all aspects of the Department’s administrative and business operations
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in operations, business management, project management, financial analysis, and planning or policy development.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information responsibly and with discretion, and to handle and resolve conflict effectively
- Demonstrated knowledge of PA administrative policies and procedures, with strong knowledge of human resources and administrative procedures
- Experience and exposure to continuous improvement tools and methods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with experience in motivating teams toward achieving high performance
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, prioritize multiple concurrent assignments within strict deadlines and work under pressure – in both an individual and team setting
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving, process improvement and change management
- Thorough knowledge of Port Authority businesses, policies, and procedures
- Excellent written and communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, as well as exhibit a professional demeanor and confidence
- Strong analytical skills, including financial analysis and data visualization skills, and a desire to develop them further
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with others to achieve desired outcomes, and the ability to persuade and influence individuals at various levels within and outside the Port Authority
- Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft especially reports and queries, BudgetPro, SAP, and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience in managing and monitoring budgets and/or contracts, with strong knowledge of budget processes and procedures
- Experience in managing other individuals.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.