Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Tenant Support Unit, the selected candidate will be a liaison between tenants and the Port Department regarding the tenant’s construction programs. The selected candidate will coordinate the Tenant Construction Programs with appropriate internal and external stakeholders. The selected candidate will be responsible for the support of Tenant Projects in New York and New Jersey and lead the execution of the review and approval of Tenant Alteration Applications (TAA) submissions in accordance with the PA Tenant Construction and Alteration Program (TCAP). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide oversight of assigned Tenant Projects and TAAs submitted by tenant and external stakeholders.
- Manage and oversee the close-outs of outstanding TAAs in coordination with support Departments.
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance Division (QAD) and other support Port Authority Departments on the review of all TAAs.
- Instruct and guide tenants through the TAA process and lead discussion on resolving technical issues with all stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison with external agencies and stakeholders on tenant project planning and implementation. Negotiate terms of third-party agreements.
- Assist the Senior Program Manager, Tenant Support Unit, on the daily supervision of two project managers.
- Coordinate with Tenants on the execution of projects to address Fire Alarm, Structural Integrity and other deficiencies identified on QAD’s annual inspection reports.
- Candidate is expected to travel to Port facilities in New York and New Jersey as required to attend coordination meeting with facility staff, terminal operators, tenants, and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Maritime, Project Management, Architecture, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum ten (10) year of experience in managing projects.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by Department of Homeland Security
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
- Technical expertise in project management
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of projects through the utilization of programmatic and strategic approaches
- Demonstrated experience providing superior customer service
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills and abilities
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Construction Standards and Industry Codes
- Demonstrated knowledge of resolving complex stakeholder/customer related issues
- Professional Engineering License or Architecture’s License in New York or New Jersey
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.