The Aviation department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a strategic Program Manager to be a part of the $13 Billion transformation of JFK into a modern, unified airport. The Program Manager will be working in a fast paced, high impact program with other seasoned professionals.
The Program Manager, JFK Redevelopment will be responsible for:
- Provide oversight and management of the board process in support of JFK’s priorities including airport redevelopment programs, capital projects, leases, and professional and technical services agreements. Establish and communicate clear requirements for staff advancing Agenda Items to ensure the Department meets internal and external deadlines and effectively advances its business priorities. Develop briefing documents and presentations, coordinate staff work across multiple divisions and units, and interact with staff involved in Board process
- Coordinate with central office staff, and well as internal business partners (MBD, Procurement, Law, OFA, OSEC, Real Estate, Engineering, etc.) to successfully execute By-Law Authorization Documents. Leverage knowledge of agency policies to efficiently authorize recommendations and advise staff on the best course of action.
- Support JFK Redevelopment’s initiatives by serving as a liaison between JFK Redevelopment and the Aviation Director's Office, preparing and reviewing internal and external communications, developing briefing documents and presentations, and coordinating staff input across multiple divisions and units. Lead and/or support departmental initiatives. This includes but is not limited to the Weekly Reports to the Executive Director and Monthly Program Report.
- Develop, manage and report on the unit’s budget. Attending all facility and divisional budget meetings as required. Possess familiarity with cost accounting platforms such as SAP and ICMS, to support management and analysis of budget elements.
- Perform functions and tasks as required for the unit’s work force management in conjunction with the human resource and aviation departments
- Liaison for Outreach team, GOCOR, and executive management for all program related events, literature, budget coordination as well as fact check press releases. Plan and design systems to collect, store, and analyze event data and to report results.
- Oversee content of the Redevelopment’s website including design, relevancy, accuracy and adhering to Port Authority standards and policy as well as required departmental approvals
- Supervising PA and consultant staff ensuring the highest level of staff capabilities aligned with best industry project management practices
- Working cohesively with the other assigned Program Managers for Redevelopment
- Assisting the Program Director in accomplishing the program's day to day tasks and responsibilities including during his/her absence: attend meetings, make project related decisions, review and sign documents and respond to senior management requests
- Supervise time and correspondence management and ensure appropriate follow-up measures to increase the unit’s responsiveness and effectiveness and reinforce previous decisions.
- The selected candidate will manage the unit’s initiatives by serving as a liaison between the EWR Redevelopment and other departments, preparing and reviewing internal and external communications, developing briefing documents and presentations, coordinating staff work across multiple divisions and units, and interacting with staff involved in Board process administration.
- Serve as a key business ally with diverse responsibilities, ranging from serving as a policy advisor to the Program Director on organizational matters, assisting in decision-making through information and briefings, and attending senior-level meetings to establishing courses of action, guiding principles or procedures that are prudent or advantageous the Redevelopment Program’s business
- Ensure appropriate follow-up measures to increase the unit’s responsiveness and effectiveness and reinforce previous decisions
- Perform the Issuing Officer duties for Redevelopment’s Port Authority staff to obtain required SIDA badges.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum eight (8) years progressively responsible Management experience in managing staff and budget, including knowledge of policy, finance, business analysis, project management, or administration.
- Experience developing strategies to achieve broad business goals and understanding the impact on various stakeholders within and outside the PA, particularly to interface with and negotiate amongst multiple stakeholders to resolve conflicts and attain achieve designated milestones.
- Experience managing or supervising others (consultants, Port Authority personnel, other Project Management staff, etc.) to effectuate program workload effectively utilizing limited available resources.
- Experience with leading project teams or Staff Departments efforts to deliver objectives.
- Experience creating detailed plans aimed at meeting specific timelines, milestones, and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work in a high-pressure environment with multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of airline industry business and operating practices.
- Experience implementing Aviation Business and Capital Plans (including the budgeting process).
- Knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, the capital authorization and agenda review processes and document control.
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement innovative and creative solutions to problems and issues relative to the responsibilities of the Division.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior executive level Port Authority staff and/or the private sector, governmental agencies, and the community in situations where the communication skills of persuasion, negotiation, conflict resolution, and formal oral presentation are used.
- Demonstrated experience planning, organizing and directing concurrent and complex projects and activities, with significant project management and planning experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively persuading, influencing & negotiating with individuals at various levels of the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.