The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of NY & NJ is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of five airports (JFK, LGA, EWR, SWF, Teterboro) in the region and for developing these airports to meet future air travel demand and passenger needs. The department is undertaking transformative programs to redevelop its airports and together with its airport partners will invest over $30 billion in new terminals and infrastructure. In addition to tremendous capital investment, there is a laser focus on customer experience and governance fit for a 21st century airport system all in service of the department’s mission to be a world-class operator of world-class airports.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Experience, this position is a crucial member of the Aviation Department’s Customer Experience Unit. The Supervisor, Customer Experience Transformation oversees and manages a broad range of customer satisfaction measurement and customer research programs, serves as a key customer advocate, and drives the development and delivery of the unit’s customer experience strategy by providing data-driven insights and recommendations.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Performance Measurement & Market Research:
- Oversee a program of customer-orientated market research, surveys, and performance measurements that inform management decisions, customer programs and communications, and resource allocations.
- Draw insights and conclusions from disparate data to drive initiatives aligned with customer feedback and satisfaction data, industry best practices, and the unit’s customer experience strategy.
- Support Customer Experience units 21st Century Governance program and activities.
- Customer Service Programs, Standards & Compliance:
- Establish and enforce customer experience standards in partnership with the department’s properties and concessions representatives and airport teams.
- Implement and monitor customer experience focused key performance indicators and ensure compliance through airport partners’ achievement of established performance metrics and goals.
- Customer Experience Reward & Recognition Program Management:
- Oversee the development and issuing of airport terminal and customer touchpoint specific performance reports to audiences of internal and external stakeholders.
- Use performance reports and other customer-oriented research and data sources to develop and implement a reward and recognition program that encourages and promotes exceptional customer experience delivery including the planning and execution of an event to recognize achievements by airport partners and service providers.
- Staff Management:
- Supervise a Principal Marketing Analyst responsible for market research, customer satisfaction measurement, and customer program support. Manage staff performance and development activities to maximize productivity and engagement in support of Aviation customer experience goals and initiatives.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check as mandated by 49 CFR 1542 and will be required to obtain and maintain an airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) credential. The successful candidate must also be able to travel to all Port Authority airports. Occasional travel to the airports will be required. Willingness to assist during severe weather events, airport emergencies, special events and irregular operations may also be required.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Must possess bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Transportation, Planning, Business, Public Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong mathematical and data mining skills and demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and maintain spreadsheet applications and databases.
- Previous experience analyzing and presenting complex data.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects and initiatives, set priorities and determine resources and schedules, accordingly, meet deadlines, and carry initiatives through to completion.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Data Science, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Proficiency in using R, Python, Stata, SQL or other relevant programming languages.
- Proficiency in using Tableau and Microsoft BI Software.
- Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work in a high-pressure environment with multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively persuade, influence & negotiate with individuals at various levels of the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, with a mindset toward problem solutioning and problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with effective presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of airport operations and airline industry business.
- Knowledge of performance measurement, strategic planning, and business plans.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.