The Federal Senior External Relations Executive, who reports directly to the Chief of Intergovernmental Affairs, will serve as a liaison and will provide guidance, as to federal policy, oversight and funding, to support the advancement of the Port Authority’s mission. The position will support all federal matters/issues related to and impacting the agency its facilities and operations in New York and New Jersey which includes some of the most critical major capital projects taking place across the region.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain external relationships/partnerships with elected officials and staff at the federal level, as well as with national industry organizations and industry stakeholders.
- Liaise with agency line and staff departments to identify areas in need of federal assistance.
- Provide strategic guidance and perspective on various Capital projects.
- Monitor and implement plans surrounding federal legislation.
- Act as a liaison with federal agencies whose jurisdiction includes regulation or oversight on areas of Port Authority operations, including but not limited to aviation and airports, seaports, freight movement, roadways, transit and security and public safety.
- Manage agency’s listing of federal contacts and contribute to key discussions with federal delegation offices to advance agency projects and address concerns.
- Draft memorandums, policy reports, position letters and plan official advocacy strategies.
- Facilitate and monitor the usage of Bloomberg Government, tracking and researching legislation.
- Research and monitor applicable federal grants and provide guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Gain transportation and industry subject-matter proficiency to gather and share information internally and externally.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Government/Political Science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience in Congressional offices.
- Strong knowledge of the players on federal, state and local political landscapes, being able to draw corollaries to issues of concern.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills and a high degree of political acumen to execute tasks diplomatically and successfully.
- Strong writing, research, oral communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with Port Authority staff at all levels as well as external stakeholders and elected officials.
- Demonstrated experience successfully establishing working relationships and finding opportunities to enhance relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work independently, organize work and prioritize multiple assignments within established deadlines to keep projects moving while managing dynamic challenges and issues.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.