Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager of Landside Operations, the selected candidate will:
- Have primary responsibility for managing large-scale contracts, processes and business relationships that support all parking and intramural busing operations at LaGuardia Airport
- Prepare, manage and track contract and project expenditures against unit budget and contract authorization amounts, and provide expenditure reporting to relevant facility staff
- Coordinate routine performance reports and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Be tasked with developing creative operational solutions to ever-changing facility transportation needs generated by the dynamic nature of LGA’s ambitious redevelopment goals
- Interact frequently and collaboratively with internal stakeholders including represented staff, and external stakeholders including airlines, terminal operators, federal agencies and contractors
- Promote the Aviation Department’s customer service vision by tracking and monitoring the performance of, and striving to improve, the parking and busing operations to meet LGA’s vision of world-class service
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communications skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with service contracts related to transportation services.
- A minimum of one (1) years of progressively responsible experience in transportation management, project management, contract administration, or customer service.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience in contract administration, including preparation of solicitation documents and familiarity with PA Audit requirements as they pertain to service and technology-based contracts.
- Keen interest in managing and improving transportation programs with a customer service focus.
- Strong project management skills, including developing, implementing and managing project plans, deliverables and schedules as well as managing contractor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact with business partners, as well as with staff across various departments and facilities and at all levels of the agency to achieve specific goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Port Authority budget and accrual processes.
- Familiarity with airport landside operations, particularly as they pertain to ground transportation.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.