Job ID: 36759
Location: Newark Liberty Int'l Airport
The Aviation department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a strategic Program Manager to be a part of the $2.72 Billion program that is the cornerstone of redeveloping Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). The new Terminal One Program will be the first completely new terminal built at EWR in decades and includes a world class terminal and infrastructure. The Program Manager will be working in a fast paced, high impact program with other seasoned professionals. Program requires strong technical background as well as operational awareness to effectively implement projects in the operating environment of an airport.
The Program Manager, EWR Redevelopment will be responsible for:
• Providing program management for the ConRAC project of the Redevelopment Program, which is the design-build operation and maintenance construction project of a consolidated rent-a-car center and public parking facility. In general, this includes coordination with the new terminal building and associated pedestrian walkway, new utility infrastructure, and roadways and bridge structures. In addition, this position will support site-wide scheduling and phasing initiatives and Traffic Management efforts
• Managing all aspects of project/program delivery including the oversight of Engineering work products, contract management, budget and schedule management, and ongoing status reporting
• Resolve conflicts that emerge during TAA submissions and coordinates the clarification of review comments for tenant consultants
• Managing the effort to inventory and organization of new assets being installed under the Redevelopment Program for use in a new CMMS that will be established under a maintenance services agreement for the Program.
• Ensuring continually improved levels of service, quality and customer satisfaction through oversight of the project implementation including assurances of collaboration among all stakeholders and mitigation of operational impacts as well as foster conclusive conflict resolution in all program stages
• Working with all contractors involved in the execution of the program, as appropriate and coordination with tenants, staff departments, utilities as well as local, City, State and Federal agencies required to support the program consistent with the department's business plan
• Drafting high quality MJ s, Board items, briefing folders, and presentations, ensuring that all project related information is current and accurate as required
• Supervising PA and consultant staff ensuring the highest level of staff capabilities aligned with best industry project management practices
• Working cohesively with the other assigned Program Managers for Redevelopment
• Coordinating with other EWR Redevelopment projects and other capital improvement projects on all design and construction interface issues
• Assisting the Senior Program Manager and Program Director in accomplishing the program's day to day tasks and responsibilities including during his/her absence: attend meetings, make project related decisions, review and sign documents and respond to senior management requests
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering or related field.
• Minimum eight (8) years progressively responsible Management experience in managing staff to complex projects, including knowledge of design, construction and procurement.
• Experience establishing project plans, setting priorities, managing risks and coordinating activities with projects of similar size and complexity.
• Experience developing strategies to achieve broad business goals and understanding the impact on various stakeholders within and outside the PA, particularly to interface with and negotiate amongst multiple stakeholders to resolve project conflicts and maintain project scheduling.
• Experience managing or supervising others (consultants, Port Authority personnel, other Project Management staff, etc.) to effectuate program workload effectively utilizing limited available resources.
• Experience providing oversight for consultant architectural and engineering and construction services.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
• Management experience within Architecture, Engineering, or construction fields.
• Progressive Management experience in an airport environment.
• Knowledge of capital planning and assessment, cost-benefit and life cycle cost analyses, project planning and development, and risk management protocols.
• Knowledge of the MMIS system and non-MMIS computerized maintenance management systems (such as Maximo, Asset Works, or others).
• Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) license in New York or New Jersey.
• Experience in project work related to new terminal buildings, associated pedestrian walkway, new parking facilities, new utility infrastructures, and roadways and bridge structures; as well as new airfield paving and demolitions of existing structures.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.