Reporting to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer (CDIO), the Manager, Workforce Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for leading the overall development and implementation of Diversity and Inclusion programs in line with a strategic culture transformation framework that embeds the standard of diversity and inclusion into the fabric of the organization.
The Manager, Workforce Diversity and Inclusion will collaborate with internal and external partners to advance behavior-based change strategies, including governance and accountability mechanisms, policies, procedures, action plans, communications and skill building that empowers all to reach their full potential in order to accomplish agency priorities.
- Provide input and advice in the creation of plans to integrate Diversity and Inclusion strategy and goals within departments, thereby partnering with Human Resources leaders as needed on talent strategies
- Provide support to the Diversity & Inclusion Council and business units to build awareness and use of Diversity and Inclusion best practices
- Consult with business units to assist in developing action plans to address identified systemic barriers
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop the quadrennial EEOP for submission to the FTA and communicate progress against EEOP goals to the agency
- Elevate the Employee Business Resource Groups (EBRGs) such that they are aligned with business goals. Link EBRG’s to organizational activities such that they can assist in recruiting, retention, representation, community relations, marketing, customer experience, accessibility and communications
- Oversee development and implementation of workforce data collection and analysis to measure workforce diversity and inclusion efforts, support departments with reporting and monitoring activities and methodologies. Coordinate reporting to agency leadership and department business managers on progress, achievements and areas of concern.
- Promote and provide information to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and organization on best practices, current research and trends related to workforce diversity and inclusion
- Develop and implement a Communication Plan, in conjunction with Corporate Communications, to increase employee awareness of diversity and inclusion goals, benefits, expectations, roles and performance measurement
- Coordinate internal and external recognition activities at the corporate level that support achievements by the Agency, its departments and individuals in furthering diversity and inclusion goals
- Develop and promote strategies to increase the diversity of the Organization's workforce in conjunction with Human Resources and Agency departments. Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and Talent Management to develop diversity and inclusion initiatives, training and programs designed to recruit and retain a diverse workforce
- Build relationships with external organizations to stay informed of issues of Diversity and Inclusion and present the agency’s progress as appropriate
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree Human Resource Management or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years of experience in a Diversity & Inclusion function and a minimum of three years additional experience in progressively responsible HR roles
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Masters Degree in Human Resources, Public Management or related field preferred
- Experience maintaining relationships with individuals in other functional areas
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading at least one project that impacted multiple functional areas; experience successfully leading teams on multiple projects
- Previous experience with Employee Engagement, Organizational Change Management / Transformation, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Resource Groups/Networks, Unconscious Bias or, Intercultural Competence is a plus
- Proven self-starter, with keen attention to detail, ability to innovate and desire to deliver, excellent communication skills with peers and executives. Demonstrates inclusive behaviors and actions that inspires others, likes a challenge and adapts to change
- Knowledge and expertise in process integration, navigating corporate culture, building a sense of urgency around driving inclusion and diversity priorities, articulating the D&I business case, flexing own communication/working style/delivery based on target audience
- Ability to build relationships with key decision makers, negotiate effectively at all levels in the organization, and facilitate collaborations
- Ability to champion own function and area of expertise and takes ownership of complex initiatives with the ability to drive results
- Experience in leading solutioning and defining solution options based on data and root cause analysis. Is accountable for own decisions and is able to apply judgment to decision-making based on past experience and available data
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.