Job ID: 36493
Location: JFK AirportLaGuardia Airport
The Aviation Department is seeking diverse and high energy leaders to serve as a management representative working collaboratively in the new JFK and LGA Airport Operations Centers (AOC). The AOC is responsible for monitoring all aspects of airport operations while receiving, processing and disseminating real-time information allowing the Assistant Managers, AOC to mitigate operational disruptions and optimize day-of operational flow. As the central node of communication, AOC facilitates a consistent flow of information airport-wide to assist all airport functional groups in maintaining critical service delivery along with facilitating the mission and goals of the airport. The Assistant Managers, AOC will work alongside Port Authority civilian personnel, Port Authority Police (PAPD), representatives from air terminal operators, airlines, business partners, and state and federal government agencies, such as the Transportation Security Administration, Customs & Border Protection, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and others who have responsibility for the safety, security, and efficiency of airport operations.
The Assistant Managers, AOC will be responsible for:
• Combining elements of routine coordination, assistance and planning, Common Operating Picture (COP) management, critical information management, and engagement with stakeholders at the local, state, and Federal levels
• Outside of normal business hours, the Assistant Managers, AOC will be the ranking management representative onsite and will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders all facility operations, maintenance and construction activities, as well as making appropriate notifications and coordinating the response to airport incidents and emergencies.
• Support the ongoing development and growth of AOC and Emergency Operations Center (EOC) facilities, operational plans, concepts of operations (CONOPS), and standard operational procedures (SOP) to ensure optimal functionality aligned with industry best practices
• Provide staff training, ensuring proper equipage and equipment readiness, conducting periodic training exercises, recommending AOC improvements, and additional duties as assigned
• Maintain effective working relationships with AOC partners and the local airport community
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
• Applicant must meet attendance and performance standards and have completed all probationary periods
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Emergency Management, Business Administration, Transportation, or related field from an accredited college or university
• Three (3) or more years of aviation, transportation, emergency management, or related operations / business experience
• Able to pass a criminal history records check, as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542, and to meet all requirements necessary to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Card credential with airfield Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges
• Available to respond to declared airport emergencies, expeditiously, 24-hours per day, seven (7) days per week, including holidays and outside of regularly scheduled shifts as a normal function of the job
• Available to work rotating schedule shifts covering afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays (as needed)
• Valid driver's license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
• Master’s Degree in Aviation Management, Emergency Management, Business Administration, Transportation, or related field from an accredited college or university
• Demonstrated experience in an Emergency Operations Center (EOC) or Airport Operations Center (AOC), or related
• Demonstrated experience in airport operations and management procedures, emergency operations, airline operations, or air traffic control operations Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Regulations and Advisory Circulars, particularly those related to 14 CFR Part 139 and 49 CFR 1542
• Demonstrated knowledge of the airline industry business and operating practices
• Demonstrated experience in delivering customer service and customer communications programs in a transportation-related, high operational tempo environment
• Experience balancing multiple competing priorities, demonstrating sound judgment, and utilizing decision-making skills necessary to manage operational and emergency situations
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.