Reporting to the Manager, Professional Services and Project Administration, the successful candidate will assist in the administration of the Design Division’s multi-discipline consultant programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to Engineering staff in the solicitation of task orders including editing of scopes of work
- Prepare all documentation associated with approval and award of consultant proposals
- Maintain documentation required for potential audits
- Prepare and manage spreadsheets for tracking and reporting on workload status reports
- Enter data into and maintain dedicated SharePoint site, including revisions as needed
- Track all disciplines Purchase Orders and change orders in Excel log to ensure compliance with Authorization documents
- Research SAP requisitions for conformance to authorization procedures, provide guidance to staff on what procedures are required, and processes SAP requisitions, as appropriate.
- Liaison with Procurement and Engineering Financial Services (EFS) to ensure task orders are being processed and invoiced
- File, track, and catalog all paperwork associated with each purchase order. Prepare award letters, obtain appropriate signature, and send out to the firms
- Problem resolution
- Prepare Task Order Request’s (TOR) solicitation documents and respond to Request for Information (RFI’s) during solicitation period
- Perform analysis on consultant cost proposals and conduct negotiations and/ or scope review meetings accordingly
- Manage Federally Compliant agreements (Brooks Act) to include, but not limited to, scope review, document preparation and review, authorization obtainment, soliciting of proposals, cost analysis, reconciliations, negotiations, and award
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- A minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated relevant experience within the Port Authority or three (3) years demonstrated procurement and/or project management experience with public agencies.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Expertise in contract administration of A/E professional service contracts
- Experience handling Brooks Act solicitations
- Flexibility in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of the organization’s structure, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interacting with executive and senior management
- Ability to reach sound conclusions, problem solve, and make recommendations based on analytical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment, organize a demanding workload, manage and deliver multiple projects within tight timeframes
- Proficiency using PC based applications such as Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.