Reporting to the Director, PATH, this position is responsible for leading and overseeing the implementation of an enterprise-wide customer experience strategy that provides world-class services to the millions of travelers who use the PATH system and driving customer satisfaction through superior communications, responsive programs, and positive interactions. This strategy includes all aspects of the customer experience, including but not limited to customer communications, social media, customer experience standards, wayfinding and signage, market research and surveys, customer service programs and staffing, and customer correspondence. This position will be responsible for department-wide coordination of business strategies that achieve customer experience goals, overseeing cross-functional teams that bring innovation, collaboration, creativity, and problem solving to the customer experience.
- Passenger Communications, Social Media, Wayfinding, and Signage: Lead efforts in coordination with Marketing, Media Relations and Government and Community Affairs to communicate transparent, timely, and actionable travel information to customers. Ensure communications, wayfinding, and signage meet the needs of customers.
- Customer Experience Strategy: Lead strategy development for the department by coordinating the technical and planning components necessary to advocate for the best interests of customers. Coordinate with PATH, external agencies, and other partners on a variety of short- and long-range strategies to achieve customer experience goals.
- Customer Advocacy: Maintain a customer service orientation at all organizational levels and in all activities by working collaboratively to represent the customer point of view to department leaders, and agency executives, and external business partners. Influence, persuade, and resolve conflict with customers, facility staff, and inter-departmental/inter-agency transactions in order to advance departmental objectives and service quality standards.
- Customer Service Standards: Lead the management of customer service standards and the measurement of performance against those standards for employees and contractors.
- Customer Surveys and Benchmarking: Oversee a comprehensive program of surveys, demographic information, and rail transit benchmarking that fosters customer-oriented performance measurement. Use information to inform management decisions, resource allocations, customer programs, communications, and outreach reflective of our customer demographics and needs.
- Customer Correspondence: Oversee all customer correspondence related to PATH operations and services, including written correspondence from a variety of sources. Ensure customer communication standards and templates address the needs of customers, and that customer responses are thoroughly researched, well written, customer sensitive, and address issues directly. Ensure that inquiries are responded to within specified timeframes. Serve as the department lead for implementation of CRM system.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading a customer experience operation or related experience in the hospitality or marketing/communications industries.
- Significant experience in developing complex, enterprise-level strategies and implementation plans to meet goals, improve processes, and achieve business innovation.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience in leading a customer experience function in a transportation organization.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, with the ability to manage, develop, and motivate staff.
- Demonstrated success in navigating a complex organization’s structure, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively persuading, influencing and negotiating with individuals at all levels of the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate collaboration, teamwork, and creativity to solve problems in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work in a high-pressure environment with multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in dealing effectively with Executive level staff, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to establish comprehensive, detailed plans with specific timelines, milestones, and deliverables necessary to meet or exceed project goals.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong, proven oral and written presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has retained the services of executive search firm, Chaloner to assist in recruiting exceptional leaders as candidates for this position. Interested applicants must apply directly to Chaloner at www.chaloner.com. Inquiries should be sent to Amy Segelin, Partner at Chaloner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: Applicants should not apply on this website, only applicants that apply directly to Chaloner will be considered for this position.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.