Major Capital Projects has overall responsibility for the development of the WTC site, delivery of the Gateway Program, PATH Extension to Newark Airport, the new Port Authority Bus Terminal, as well as the Bayonne Bridge Project.
Under the direction of the Director, World Trade Center Construction Department (WTCC)/ Major Capital Projects (MCP), Manager, WTCC/MCP Site Safety is responsible and accountable for managing all aspects of the safety, security, operations, and maintenance for the MCP projects.
In this role, you will maintain constant collaboration with Project Managers and Executives from the Port Authority (PA), Stakeholders, and Construction Managers to ensure programs are integrated into all MCP projects.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the WTCC/MCP for all safety, security and operational issues by managing a large and diverse workforce consisting of both unionized and managerial personnel who are involved in the day-to-day maintenance and operations of facilities;
- Claim Management / Intervention - Participate in claims review meetings with insurers and lawyers (PA & insurers) and develop recommendations and strategies to minimize exposure. Attend mediation and court proceedings and provide professional advice to legal team. Coordinate and meet with Agency Third Party Administrators (e.g. Riddle Associates) to collect documents, pictures, videos, and other pertinent items in order to effectively defend the agency against claims.
- Accident Investigation - Working with WTCC/MCP Safety coordinate response and respond as required on off hours with Risk Management, PAPD, Law, and insurers, coordinate insurers access to site and that all relevant information is documented in words and photos of incident. Conduct interviews with insurers staff of witnesses to incident, both on and off site, to develop strategies to minimize claim values.
- Works with agency safety staff (WTCC/MCP & OP Services), PAPD, the SLCC, Law Dept. and insurers and coordinates access to the site as required and assembles files with available reports from staff, photos, CCTV clips. He meets with witnesses with insurers & Legal staff both locally and off site and works with PA and external lawyers to develop strategies advantageous to settling claims.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and at least 6 years of experience in the field; substantial progressively responsible experience in safety, security, operations, and maintenance can substitute in lieu of a degree
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience interacting with executive management and construction professionals within and outside the Port Authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to produce clear and well-structured memos and presentations.
- Excellent judgment and ability to grasp complex subject matter and communicate succinctly to technical and non-technical professionals
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of skill sets and personalities to move the ball forward.
- Success and a high comfort-level with facilitating discussions between multiple stakeholders with multiple opinions and experiences.
- Knowledge of the organization’s structure, policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement complex strategic plans that achieve major business goals.
- Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload with the ability to work in a high-pressure environment with multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively persuading, influencing and negotiating with individuals at various levels of the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish comprehensive, detailed plans with specific timeframes, milestones and deliverables necessary to meet or exceed project goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Autodesk, & Adobe Applications
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.