Job ID: 35826
Department: Management & Budget
Location: 4 World Trade Center
The Management and Budget Department (MBD) reporting as a department to the CFO, is a team of proud and dedicated professionals who ensure the appropriate allocation of financial, physical and human resources through the annual budget process, financial performance reporting and review of resource requests using innovative, collaborative and supportive approaches in a very diverse environment. As part of the MBD team, you will acquire experience on the agency’s financial structure and processes as well as knowledge of the operations of various lines of business giving you extensive opportunities for a long-term career at the PA.
The Supervising Budget Analyst is a key member of the MBD leadership team who supervises staff and collaborates with staff within MBD and the agency to ensure analysis and recommendations supports the agency’s mission and strategic priorities. This position directly supervises Analysts responsible for the review of departmental information and will coordinate and deliver various analyses of corporate resources and corporate level reporting.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Coordinate the review and analysis of department’s revenue and expense budget submission to ensure that expenditures are reflected accurately, and budgets conform to agency guidance, corporate goals and objectives. Identify budget issues, develop appropriate recommendations and collaborate with departments to resolve issues.
• Evaluate and present financial performance results to senior and executive staff. Highlight and communicate significant variances from plan, recommend plans to address areas where management action may be necessary.
• Evaluate a wide range of financial programs, productivity improvements, capital projects, or new initiatives to identify operational impacts. Coordinate and build cross functional teams within and outside of MBD to complete assessments.
• Lead a team of analysts in the review and presentation of By- Law, Agenda items and MJs, to ensure the greatest and best use of resources, and ensure consistency with approved annual budget; develop solutions with departments to resolve any issues prior to the item advancing for Authorization.
• Issue corporate financial reports by department, program or other business segment, that informs all levels of executive management, commissioners, and external agencies of financial performance and annual spending.
• Supervise and guide staff in performing daily responsibilities to ensure that all deliverables are completed timely and accurately.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Working at the Port Authority – Energy, Integrity and Service
Our nearly 8,000 employees are committed to the work they do – designing, engineering, securing, maintaining and operating the transportation infrastructure that moves people and goods to, from, and throughout one of the most economically competitive and culturally vibrant regions in the world. As part of our team, you will hustle alongside bright and talented individuals to rise to the challenges of moving and shaping the New York/New Jersey region each day. This mission requires energy, integrity and the inspiration to serve.
Who we Are?
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PA) builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foottall One World Trade Center is now the tallest in North America.
The agency strives to be best in class by, providing the highest level of customer satisfaction, keeping stride with the latest technology, continually striving for efficiency, investing in initiatives that will protect the environment, and keeping the highest level of integrity and transparency.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.