The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Aviation Department is seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage multiple projects at LaGuardia Airport (LGA).
Reporting to a Program Manager within the LGA Project Management Unit, the responsibilities for the Project Manager included but are not limited to:
- Manage scoping and authorization process for all assigned projects, including the justification, planning approach, identification and study of alternatives and selection of the preferred alternative
- Establish project schedules and budgets
- Orchestrate and manage the efforts of all staff departments
- Manage project planning, design, construction and close-out efforts
- Work closely with facility physical plant/operations staff and engineering staff
- Ensure that all required permits or agreements with outside entities are in place
- Ensure effective management and timely completion of projects within scope, schedule and budget
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicant must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Architecture or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the design, evaluation, and /or management of complex infrastructure rehabilitation of airports or other transportation facilities project work
- Experience in project management, engineering design, architecture, and/or construction fields including establishment of project plans, setting priorities, and incorporating facility operations and security requirements into project plans
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, estimating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and/or inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect license in New York or New Jersey is desirable
- Experience working with outside agencies including, but not limited to FAA, DOT’s and environmental agencies
- Knowledge of physical plants/assets, analysis of problem, obtaining the necessary resources from the various stakeholders
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams.
- Demonstrated customer service, decision-making, and problem solving
- Knowledge of capital planning and assessment, cost-benefit and life cycle cost analyses, project planning and development, and risk management protocols
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.