Reporting to the Assistant Director, Aviation Development, the Program Director provides leadership over all aspects of the Aviation core Capital, Operating Major Works, and Asset Management programs. The Program Director implements best practices to ensure alignment of programs with agency objectives and budgets, and develops strategies to support the success of program and project plan development and implementation. Managing in a fast-paced, multi-program environment, the Program Director drives successful project delivery and spending, and leads department-level strategy in strategic prioritization, development, and delivery of the Capital Plan. The position also manages the Gate Review and Board Authorization process for Aviation projects and performs comprehensive analyses to ensure successful outcomes.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the department-level strategic prioritization, development, and delivery of the 10-year Capital Plan, in coordination with Aviation program management staff and key internal PA stakeholders.
- Lead the development of the Aviation Asset Management Plan, establishing prioritized goals and objectives for all airports.
- Oversee the implementation of the Maximo asset management system, and the transition of all assets from MMIS to Maximo across all airports, in collaboration with facility maintenance and asset management staff.
- Conduct analyses and create recommendations for capital program performance measures including cost and schedule while managing scope and maintaining quality standards.
- Oversee the preparation of program authorization documents, including Gate Review items, MJs, Board items, briefing folders, and other necessary support materials and presentations. Create supporting information for a broad spectrum of questions and potential areas of concern to all project stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ensure improved level of service, quality and increased customer satisfaction through oversight of project implementation, including assurance of collaborative coordination among all stakeholders and mitigation of facility operational impacts and foster conclusive conflict resolution in all stages.
- Represent Aviation in cross-departmental teams focused on a wide range of infrastructure investments aimed at driving customer experience improvements.
- Manage and oversee project/program delivery, including the development of quality Project Management Plans, project/program reporting and development of corrective plans.
- Lead, develop and motivate staff ensuring that the highest level of staff capabilities align with the best industry project management practices.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university
- At least 7 years progressively responsible senior level project and program management experience in concurrent complex, transportation infrastructure and technology projects, including knowledge of design, construction and procurement
- A Professional Engineer’s (PE) license or a PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge of the engineering design process, construction management, construction estimating and project budgeting and scheduling
- Knowledge of project management scheduling cost control and scope/code compliance review procedures, along with knowledge of multi-discipline engineering and construction principles
- Experience having developed program and project strategies to achieve business goals and to understand their impact on various stakeholders within and outside the Port Authority
- Experience managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal/external stakeholders and/or Regulatory Agencies
- An advanced degree with course work in management
- Substantive knowledge of policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, capital authorization and agenda review processes and document control
- Demonstrated superior customer service, decision-making, problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.