The Senior Security Analyst, reporting to the Information Security Manager, provides support with several critical security programs. The Senior Security Analyst is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Agency’s Personnel Assurance (SWAC) Program. The SWAC Program represents the Agency’s Board-approved background screening program designed to ensure individuals who possess a need to know regarding Protected Information and/or access to secure areas of our facilities do not pose a security theat.
The Senior Security Analyst shall also assist management with critical Agency initiatives, which include the preparation of SAFETY Act (Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies Act) applications, reviewing and responding to Freedom of Information (FOI) Requests, and updating and maintaining the Unit’s Business Continuity Plan. Finally, the Senior Security Analyst will assist with the preparation of the Unit’s annual budget and track the status of Board items and Memorandum of Justifications (MJs).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the contract between the Port Authority and the SWAC partner companies
- Resolve operational and technical issues with the SWAC partner companies
- Track SWAC Program expansion initiatives with regional and private sector partners
- Monitor responses from the FBI’s daily data push which checks active SWAC members and new applicants against terrorist watch lists
- Communicate any SWAC related findings with Security Operations and Programs (SOPD) staff, facility security staff, PAPD, and external stakeholders to advise them of any known security issues or risks
- Assist with the preparation of SAFETY Act applications for the anti-terrorism measures deployed at our facilities
- Review and respond to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests
- Update and maintain the Unit’s Business Continuity Plan
- Assist with the preparation of the Unit’s annual budget and track the status of Board items and MJs
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Technology, Law, Public Administration or related field from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated experience performing analyses, producing reports, and managing contracts
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience and knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing initiatives and resources
- In-depth understanding of security industry best practices, policies and procedures in a transportation environment
- Knowledge of background screening programs, physical security countermeasures (e.g. vehicle barrier gates, bollards, etc.) and security technology systems (e.g. CCTV and Access Control)
- Knowledge of the SAFETY Act Program within DHS
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience with security/technology and/or contract administration
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels, supporting departments, consultants and outside agencies
- Proven ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, develop consensus, and make recommendations
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.