Under the direct supervision of management personnel, the Technical Trainer will perform specific responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver and supervise the delivery of initial and refresher training to:
- Toll Collectors
- Toll Supervisors
- Security Guards
- Operations Staff
- Maintenance Staff
- Tunnel & Bridge Agents
- Provide standard training and training on new equipment and updated protocols.
- Conduct research and evaluate new equipment, technology, and techniques to keep course content current with changes in the industry.
- Conduct in-lane toll training when requested by facility.
- Supervise and train employees on the proper care and handling of large sums of money.
- Develop and update course materials for classroom lecture and hands-on field exercises.
- Supervise and work side-by-side with, Senior Tunnel & Bridge Agents assigned to the Training Academy, training vendors and manage vendor compliance with training contracts.
- The position requires working under the following conditions:
- significant physical exertion, such as lifting items that are approximately 50 pounds.
- in all types of weather conditions.
- able to wear Personal Protective Equipment and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.
- conform to grooming and safety regulations.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within one year of appointment.
- Must possess an Associate Degree or the completion of 60 college credits from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of technical training. Previous experience should include the ability to conduct needs analysis, curriculum design, program development and training program delivery & evaluation to ensure consistency with the needs of our clients.
- Must pass a pre-placement medical examination review prior to placement in this position and meet the following medical requirements: vision, with glasses, 20/40 each eye; no color confusion; no impairment of back or extremities which interferes with job performance; no allergies which interfere with job performance.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA and NFPA regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility operations.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Experience in General Transportation Operations.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with hand tools and basic maintenance knowledge.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
If you have questions, please contact the Recruiter listed below.
Please apply on or before: December 6, 2019
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.