The Port Department is currently seeking an experienced Technology Manager to develop and manage key initiatives with internal and external partners that will advance critical safety, security and operational technologies at the Port Authority’s (PA) New Jersey Marine Terminals (NJMT) Facilities – Port Newark, Elizabeth Port Authority Marine Terminal, and Port Jersey.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy General Manager, the Manager, Technology Development will:
- Manage technology projects of various sizes, complexity and types (e.g., hardware infrastructure, application development, outsourced services) while providign day-to-day direction for support resources.
- Resolve outstanding IT issues for NJMT programs and systems, and assist in obtaining effective solutions to operational needs. Perform troublingshooting on existing systems and devices, and track the escalation and resolution of these issues through existing service providers.
- Map the architecture and topology of existing systems, conducting audits, inventories, and research as needed. Provide facility management with visual representations of system configurations as well as operational principals, capibilities and limitations.
- Coordinate all aspects of system implementation from requirements gathering, analysis and design, configuration and testing, through deployment and follow on support of various systems applications.
- Manage a variety of contractors that provide professional, technical and advisory services, as well as an ongoing data collection program. The incumbent will also be responsible for reviewing and updating existing technology contracts, preparing new contracts, receiving and processing of invoices for contractor services, and maintaining a physical and digital record of all contract documentation.
- Support and manage the information technology and telecommunications needs of NJMT units, and act as liaison between the Port Department and TS, Engineering, OEM, CSO, Procurement and contract vendor\staff and other external entities.
- Work with maintenance and operations units to identify, schedule, and coordinate repairs and upgrades to facility technology systems while minimizing or eliminating system down times, degradation, or functionality whenever possible.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software purchases, obtain quotes from vendors, and manage all non-standard equipment to include maintaining an accurate inventory of all Port Authority owned technology assets at NJMT.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience in project, technology, or information management Experience should include familiarity with Database Management Systems and SQL Servers, with experience in utilizing SQL to manage, organize, and extract information from databases.
- A valid Driver's License.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including the ability to make concise presentations to a variety of audiences to support customer service programs.
- Experience in managing large and complex contracts, preferably greater than one million dollars in value and containing performance-based requirements.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with external stakeholders (e.g. vendors, consultants, and government or transportation agencies) to coordinate the advancement of major projects.
- Experience interfacing and negotiating with multiple stakeholders to build consensus and resolve conflicts.
- Possesses Information Technology certifications (CompTIA Security +, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA A+, and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA))
- Working knowledge of port and/or facility operations.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches that are sensitive to organizational, community and customer concerns.
- High proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.