Reporting directly to the Senior Revenue Accounting Supervisor, the responsibilities of the Staff Accounting Supervisor will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, direct and monitor the workload and activities of four staff to ensure revenues are satisfactorily controlled and discrepancies are reported and resolved.
- Review all EWR & TEB fixed rent and prepare EWR Flight Fee monthly billing to the airlines. Monitor contract updates made in SAP. Prepare/review lease abstracts of detailed billing terms prior to release in SAP through the workflow process.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly balance sheets analysis. Review and submit monthly Delinquency Report to Aviation Property Development Management Department.
- Ensure monthly and year-to-date revenue variance analysis is completed for Aviation Fees, PFCs (Passenger Facility Charges) and Fixed Rentals in a timely manner to be a part of Revenue Accounting’s presentation to supervisory/managerial staff in the Comptroller's Department Roundtable Meetings.
- Work with the Office of the Security Officer staff to account for UNGA and K-9 Funding.
- Prepare Top 10 Report and Future Minimum Rent Guaranteed Report for Note G in Comptroller’s Annual Financial Statement.
- Coordinate and maintain tracking of all FOI (Freedom of Information) requests for Revenue accounting. Provide research and documentation as needed and maintain department log of requests received and completed.
- Demonstrate appropriate judgment, knowledge, skills and acumen to professionally and productively relate to clients and Port Authority associates at all levels. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates and ensure that their career development needs are planned for and accomplished.
- Maintain effective communications with staff at all levels. Keep management informed of the division’s activities and other important issues. Provide assistance to line and staff departments, auditors, tenants and outside agencies.
- Identify and implement process improvements to improve efficiency, enhance customer service, and/or reduce costs.
- Develop and implement process guidelines to ensure that all critical activities are completed and train staff in the implementation of such guidelines.
- Work with SAP consultants to develop solutions, facilitate changes and assist in necessary upgrades to SAP billing module.
- Identify and implement LEAN initiatives for process improvements.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance with a concentration in accounting coursework
- Three years of Accounting experience
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Thorough knowledge of Port Authority accounting and financial structure.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Knowledge of Port Authority businesses and operations.
- Extensive working knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of GAAP as it relates to the Port Authority.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate complex information clearly and accurately.
- Demonstrated analytic and problem solving ability.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external staff at all levels.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.