TB&T’s Transportation & Revenue Programs group is responsible for TB&T’s strategic and business planning efforts, non-toll revenue programs including real estate and bus revenues, and transportation planning programs which use data-driven analysis to advance physical and operational improvements at TB&T facilities.
The selected candidate will support a broad array of projects, from land use actions to retail agreements to new technology initiatives, in a customer-oriented environment where attention to detail is critical. Responsibilities will include researching and analyzing new approaches, projects, and/or systems that can improve operations and customer experience at TB&T facilities; and, facilitating and tracking the implementation of priority initiatives. The candidate’s demonstrated ability to organize, communicate, adapt, and collaborate will be a key to success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze business and market data to support the development and implementation of departmental strategy and business plans;
- Advance projects that enhance data available to TB&T for analytical and planning purposes, with a focus on data available from new and emerging technologies;
- Advance projects to use technology to enhance information available to customers and/or to improve operational performance;
- Track and advance real estate transactions and space leases for existing TB&T assets in coordination with the real estate department;
- Diligence development proposals on or near TB&T properties with a focus on understanding and mitigating operational impacts of such development;
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies to improve non-toll revenue performance from TB&T assets, including strategies that activate vacant or unused spaces to generate additional value to TB&T, customers, and the surrounding community;
- Assist with analyzing the business environment, business plan writing, and the coordination of strategy workshops;
- As needed, analyze complex databases of operational, financial and traffic information and integrate and interpret data into meaningful and actionable management information and decision-oriented reports.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- BS or BA Degree in Transportation, Planning, Business / Public Administration, Engineering, Operations Research, Real Estate, or related fields from an accredited college or university.
- At least three years of relevant work experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- A Master’s degree in Transportation, Planning, Business / Public Administration, Engineering, Operations Research, Real Estate, or related fields from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities and comfort gathering, analyzing, and drawing actionable conclusions and recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- A curiosity and interest in a broad range of transportation and planning initiatives, and a commitment to getting things done and taking on whichever tasks are needed to ensure success.
- The capacity to learn quickly, to become immersed in new problems and get up to speed and take initiative; and, demonstrated ability to take independent actions and to be innovative and decisive.
- Possess a high level of proficiency in utilizing PC software applications including Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access) and transportation analysis applications.
- Superior ability to multi-task, deal with tight deadlines, organize and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively, and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions that conform with organizational policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Proven judgment and ability to evaluate options systematically in terms of consequences.
- Working knowledge of tunnel, bridge, and terminal facilities and operations and TB&T practices, programs and activities.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.