Reporting to the Manager, of Tenant Construction and Alteration Process (TCAP), the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all tenant leasehold modifications are performed consistent with the established Tenant Construction and Alteration Process (TCAP) and Tenant Construction Review Manual (TCRM).
- Track all pertinent information regarding TAA, including but not limited to, chairing project kickoff meeting with Tenant and their Architect / Engineer of Record, facilitating meeting between Quality Assurance Design Standards Unit and Tenant A/EOR to resolve Rider comments, follow up both internal and externally with appropriate parties to assure that next step items are meeting deadlines.
- Working closely with JFK REO staff to assure that TAA get Final Permit of Occupancy or Use.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint-based Criminal History Record Check as mandated by 49 CFR 1542 and will be required to obtain and maintain an airport security identification display areas (SIDA) credential with airfield driving and escort privileges.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ hands on experience in project management, design, inspection and/or construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NYC Building Code requirements, construction standards, Tenant Construction Review Manual, Tenant Alteration Manual and other applicable Engineering Design codes.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently utilizing limited available resources to achieve complex goals.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with various Airport Tenants necessary to guide them accordingly as per the Tenant Construction Review Manual.
- Experience and/or education across several disciplines such as airport planning, airport operations, transportation planning, project management and cost estimating.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract administration and the principles, methods and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating and managing projects and resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills necessary to skills to interact with both PA and Private sector engineers, JFK maintenance staff, JFK operations staff personnel and other stakeholders effected by work.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD and project management software.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.