Reporting to the Principal Civil Engineer, the Engineer, will be responsible to serve as a technical discipline task lead for delivering civil engineering studies and designs of varying complexity.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
- Self-perform civil engineering preliminary and final design services that conform to the Port Authority’s applicable design standards/guidelines and codes. Designs would include roadway geometry, storm drainage and sanitary systems, utilities, airfield and roadway pavements, and grading
- Prepare Contract Documents consisting of drawings, technical specifications, construction cost estimates, and purchase orders. Produce biddable and constructible
- Contract Documents meeting Agency requirements within time schedules and budgets
- Prepare the civil engineering scope of work, schedule and budget and assist the Port Authority’s Engineering Program Management Unit with preparation of project proposals, including changes that may arise
- Prepare scope of work, design criteria and independent staff cost estimate for professional engineering services to be performed by independent consultant(s). Critically review consultant proposals, negotiate cost, and ensure schedule/budget compliance. Audit the consultant’s deliverables such as engineering studies, designs and contract documents for construction projects
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff and CADD technicians in civil engineering design approach/analysis and drawing preparation, respectively
- Perform facility site inspections
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering college or university
- Minimum of four (4) years civil design experience including any of the following: airfields, stormwater and sanitary sewer collection systems, roadway geometry, pavements and water supply system
- Working knowledge of codes, guidelines and standards suchas , but not limited to, FAA advisory circulars, AASHTO Policy and Guides and FHWA Hydraulic Engineering Circulars
- Proficient in Civil 3D software application or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, decision making, negotiations and conflict resolution skills to effectively reach sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and prioritize as required.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing contract documents; drawings, technical specifications and construction cost estimates.
- Good oral, including experience in making presentations, and written communication skills commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Proficient in Hydraulic/ Hydrology analysis software and Microsoft Office 365
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.