Reporting to the Program Manager, Revenue Collection – Toll Systems, the selected candidate will be responsible for supervising a multi-agency customer service back-office operations contract for E-ZPass, Tolls by Mail, toll tag procurement and coordination, and customer E-ZPass account management including disputes and credits. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing direct report employees, consultants, contractors and providing important key metric reporting and analysis based on contractual service level agreements.
- Assist with E-ZPass and Tolls by Mail operational responsibilities for an existing and new multi-million dollar and multi-agency toll collection back-office and system. Ensure contract compliance, priority setting among Agency partners, change order management and accuracy of invoices and payments.
- Oversee contractor work on behalf of the Agency, including coordination with regional agencies to ensure the best interests of the Port Authority are met while executing back-office toll collection and system support functions.
- Assist in developing and submitting Port Authority requirements for a new RFP and contracts to support back-office operations, including participation in procurement panels, development review cycles, technical committees and board review/authorization processes.
- Lead the implementation of new change orders, initiatives, business rules, and standards and procedures among NY E-ZPass partner agencies, contractors and/or vendors.
- Facilitate forecasting and managing annual budget development for this group.
- Analyze and monitor monthly key performance indicators and develop reports to highlight historical trends, performance degradation against contractual service level agreements and ensure remediation or corrective action is pursued.
- Attend bi-weekly project status meetings and work in conjunction with Supervisor of Customer Operations to support customer interface issues, action items and improvements to customer interface processes.
- Provide back-up support for processing Specials; assist with policy and procedural changes, invoice review/processing and collections oversight; support revenue recovery efforts as needed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a business related field.
- Experience working with large operational contracts; reviewing and developing requirements, service level agreements and general contract oversight.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to write effectively, including RFP summaries, customer correspondence, summary draft reports, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work experience in customer service support and operations, managing a call center and/or tolling operations.
- Experience reviewing financial documentation, reports, budget forecasts, and invoice processing.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as a team member; ability to prioritize work volume with little supervision; drive and ability to see problems through to completion; ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities; ability to meet deadlines under time constraints and handle pressure situations with composure.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint; skilled with reviewing, commenting, and editing documents via Office 365 and SharePoint.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge of toll collection field operations, maintenance and/or E-ZPass back office operations.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with multi-agency personnel, consultants, senior executives, etc.
- Ability to gather performance data, document performance deficiencies, and provide recommendations and/or corrective action if required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing database software and standard PC software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Experience in database applications, such as MS Access, Vector, Crystal Report, and/or Oracle.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.