The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is a bi-state public agency responsible for promoting transportation and commerce, operating some of the busiest transportation links in the New York/New Jersey region. We currently have an opening in our Treasury Department for an Operations Manager in the Debt Management Division.
- Assist in the development and coordination of the use of public and private capital markets to provide the Authority with the maximum reasonable level of financial resources available for capital construction, asset acquisition, and working capital
- Coordination of the activities of legal counsel, financial advisors, underwriters, and Authority personnel concerning the preparation of Official Statements, liaison with rating agencies, analysis of competitive bond bids, preparation of any associated documents and/or agreements, and compliance with continuing disclosure on outstanding obligations
- Administration of outstanding debt obligations, including the payment of debt service and preparation of redemption notices. Assist in the establishment and maintenance of Authority credit, particularly as related to the credit rating agencies and municipal bond investors/
- Analysis of outstanding debt portfolio and offering recommendations for refunding opportunities
- Manage and report on the Authority’s self-liquidity program associated with the issuance of commercial paper notes
- Bondholder relations/new issue marketing coordinator (preparing presentations and new issue media material) setting up and structuring investor presentations/conferences
- Preparation of all renewal documents, authorizations and agreements for the Authority’s Commercial Paper Program
- Review and administer various agreements and contracts in connection with debt issuances
- Preparing various authorization documents and associated PowerPoint presentations for executive level staff
- Conduct research and present information on various debt/financing related topics
- Oversee the preparation of the division’s budget and associated variance analysis
- Preparation of various reports and handling any special debt related projects
- Preparation and filing of disclosure notifications
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years’ experience in debt management and/or treasury related functions
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- A master’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting is preferred
- Knowledge of SAP and DBC Finance is highly desirable
- Extensive knowledge of municipal debt products, financial modeling and present value calculations
- Specific experience in the management of a negotiated bond issuance
- Specific knowledge of variable rate debt products and other debt products, as well as associated agreements and contracts
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.